Chapter 54

With three suitcases filled with millions of beli, Nami is happily carrying one of them while Usopp holds onto the other two.

Luffy is happily strolling with the group on their trip to Galley La, but all of a sudden, he feels something wrong. He stops walking, then looks back at the direction of where Rose is fighting the Cipher Pol agents, and ready to fight, which attracts the others' attention.

Nami looks around to see nobody around then looks back at Luffy. "What's wrong Luffy?"

Luffy keeps his focus on that direction for a moment, before he looks back to his navigator. "I just have a bad feeling. I don't know why."

"Maybe because you ate too much of that Water Seven meat." Usopp comments, but Luffy knows that it's not from eating.

"It's not a stomach pain. It just feels like something bad's happening right now."

Nami and Usopp look to each other for a moment, as if they're having a silent conversation of what it could be.

When they were done, Nami is the first to break the silence. "I'm sure it'll pass. We got what we need to fix Merry, so nothing bad should be happening."

Luffy hesitates for a moment, but with nothing to back up this feeling, he lets himself turn back to the others. "Right, let's go..."

The others grin and continue on their journey to Galley La, with their captain trailing behind, with his feeling of danger still bothering him throughout the trip.

*************************************************

As soon as Rose placed Robin's feet on the ground, she started running into the city as fast as her legs can take her, and wouldn't look back.

"Leave her alone!"

The archaeologist clenches her teeth in frustration from hearing Rose's yell, and the crash from nearby, but doesn't stop. It's as though her body is on autopilot to run for her life, no matter what she hears from the battle behind her.

She doesn't know where she's trying to go, but she could care less at this point. Being in this type of situation for so long, it's practically second nature to her.

She finally stops at a town plaza, where dozens of people are going by their day without a care in the world.

While she's catching her breath, she looks around to see that none of the masked men are nearby. Even so, she knows that she can't act like she's safe.

She runs in another direction, but stops when she sees a weapon shop approaching. She goes inside and looks around to find all sorts of weapons from knives to guns neatly stacked.

"Is there something I can help you with?" Robin flinches at the soft, masculine voice, and looks to see a scrawny, pale man smiling at her at the counter.

She slightly relaxes at the sight of his kind brown eyes, then grabs a thin, sheathed, dagger, and a gun. "I need these two."

"That'll be three thousand beli."

Robin's quick to pay the brunette, and leaves without another thought. Once outside, she stores the dagger in her left boot, but she keeps her gun in her hands.

She still feels on edge, but now is walking instead of running. Going to both Rose or the crew is out of the question for her, but that leaves very little options for her. She rushes off to find another place to hide, but stops in horror when a door carves out just a few feet in front of her.

As soon as the door opens, she fires her gun but the bullet does nothing against the door man's iron body.

All Blueno does is lightly chuckle at the futile shots, but Robin refuses to give up by summoning up as many arms as she can onto his body, and starts to bend them into her clutch. Unlike before, his limbs start to bend, but in a matter of seconds, he was able to break free of the hold, causing the arms to vanish.