Eight

Chapter Eight
Hit Me and Forget It

Nate's POV
Fuck. It's been 3 hours since Thea and Shawn left for ice-cream. I wasn't allowed to go - for obvious reasons. So now I'm alone, both Shawn and Matt are out, and they're my roommates.

What do people do alone?
They overthink.

Ever since I've run out of things to distract myself with like cleaning, organizing, video games, homework, and working out, I've been overthinking.
Thea must hate me. Hell, I hate myself. But fuckkk, when she told me that Sam hit her I lost it. She thought she was WEAK. I couldn't just let him get away with it. Even if it wasn't my job.

AN HOUR LATER

The door finally opens and Shawn walks in. Alone.

"Hey man. What's good?" He asks taking off his varsity jacket and boots before throwing them into a pile on the floor.

"Nothing. Literally."
Just then the door opens and Matt walks in. Almost immediately tension fills the room.

For the next 2 hours Shawn alternates between hanging with me and hanging with Matt.

"Ughhhh, can't you guys just throw your fists at each other a couple times and forget that he fucked your sister?" Matt pouts. Sick and tired of his friends "petty" argument.

"Yeah man, I'm sorry k? Hit me and forget it," Max apologizes. It's genuine, and I miss having good times with my best friends.
Matt walks over and takes a deep breath. But I just shake my head.

"I'm not hitting you, bro. I'm good. I was just fucking pissed at Sam and you broke the bro-code."

Matt and Shawn nod understandingly.

"Did he really... You know..." We know. But I don't want to say anything referring to that subject without Thea's permission. Not anymore.

"He did. More than once." My eyes shoot towards Jame's direction and I notice Matt's does the same. "I cornered him and he admitted, fucking idiot."

I'm five seconds away from grabbing my coat and going to commit a murder but the door bell rings instead.

I make my way over heart beating quick. Only to be disappointed when a pizza delivery man stands on the other side of the door and not who I was expecting. I mumble a thanks and pay him, not forgetting tip. My frown and reaction probably already has him thinking I'm a dick. He's not wrong.

"PIZZA," I shout and immediately I hear two sets of 200 pound growing-men stumble into the kitchen like grizzly bears.

The rest of the night is spent over pizza and jokes. And for just a moment, I allowed myself to have fun with my best friends and not worry.