Chapter Four

Dove's Pov
The currents of the large lake filled my view the whole entire time. My mind just kept drifting off and away Legolas's words filling my head. a lot of silly girly fantasies filled my head. Imagining the small things. Maybe we could get married, have a half-elf, dwarf baby and slowly live a happy life out before I would die before him.

I fluttered my eyes focusing on Kili, Fili, and Bofur. We were very close to the mountain now. But then it would take around a day or two on foot to actually reach Erebor's doors. All things I only read in books up back into the blue mountains.

"Awww Dove is love-struck." Kili laughed out to tease me, making me huff at him when Fili laughed in returned at his exclaim "you wish." I chuckled quietly and looked down at the neck that was clipped around my neck, and slowly traced it with a happy gaze.

I was indeed love struck. But when love came, nothing good follows with it. And I've had that feeling for the entire time this journey had started. Once the beginning has happened, sometimes the beginning had to be the end.

_______________________________
The reunion with everyone was very short but very meaningful. It was amazing being able to see everyone again. Including Bilbo, I did miss his talks a lot. of course, a break is only a short living. Something really was wrong with Thorin.

The way he spoke now, the way he slides and glided into a room like he was in a haze. It only meant own thing. The Dragon sickness had slowly seeped its own way into his mind. And we all know how the ended for Thorin's grandfather.

I breathed out a rough sigh wanting nothing more than to just relax in one of the spare rooms of the kingdom, but Thorin insisted that we look for the Arkenstone. Which could take days? And which it really did. I sat on the steps looking at all the gold coins.

It was the wealth of our people many many years ago. But In my mind, this hold was cursed and tainted. A dragon slept in this gold for years and years. Nothing good could come from the gold.

I lifted my head up a bit feeling a soft pat on my head and I gave the hobbit a smile as he sat down beside me with a small grunt.

"So a little someone told me you've found your one! Is that true." Bilbo asked me keeping the smile on his face. I grew a little flustered but breathed out a soft smile and nodded my head keeping my focus on Bilbo.

"I think I did yeah, he is far away from me but, he gave me a piece of himself so even when he was away, he still is here." I smiled holding the necklace gem close in my palm.

"Legolas. " I mumbled shyly watching as Bibo's eyes went wide with the realization "The elf Legolas? Thranduil's son oh my word. Well, that's a good thing right?" He questioned.

"It is a really good thing, I never thought in many many years did I think I would meet someone I love so much. It's so strange. I've only known him a few weeks but, it feels like." I trailed off quietly looking at the wall in a daze.

"Forever." Bilbo finished with a soft chuckle "love can do that to you, don't you worry alright? Everything will work out in the end, for now, you two will just have to be apart, and don't mind what others." Bilbo reassured me quietly slowly patting my shoulders.

He got up calling out a small goodbye leaving me with my own thoughts. I cracked a faint smile and looked down at my shoes on very deep thought. Curse that hobbit for being so smart. I chuckled to myself before I slipped the necklace back to hide and rest under my tunic shirt and stood up.

Taking one last glance around the treasure hoard, with a small shake to my head, making my way up the stairs. Deciding to pass a little bit time with wandering around the kingdom. Maybe I'd find some cool interesting old things.