35) An Old Friend

Start from the beginning

"Why did you move anyway? You never really explained." He asked, taking another sip.

"Wanted to look for a new life. Old Corona isn't exactly known for great work opportunities."

"That's true." He chuckled. "So, why'd you come back?" He asked. She shrugged.

"I missed home... and you." She said quietly. He blushed.

"O-oh." He stayed quiet for a moment before taking her hand. She looked at him.

"I missed you too." He smiled. She chuckled. They heard groaning from the hallway and looked towards it.

"Are you serious, mom?! You guys are gonna make out right here in the living room?" Cassandra complained.

"And that little shit is Cassandra." Y/n laughed. Varian laughed as well. Cassandra rolled her eyes.

"And how old are you, young lady?" he asked.

"Older than one, younger than a hundred."

"She's fourteen." Y/n said for her.

"You said not to tell random strangers my age."

"Well, he's not a random stranger. This is Varian." You introduced.

"Oohh, that one guy you keep talking about. I remember now." Cassandra smirked. Y/n blushed and laughed nervously.

"Okay, Cass. Go to your room." She said, chuckling.

"But I'm hungry."

"I'll bring you a sandwich. Just go."

"But-"

"CASSANDRA BEATRICE L/N, GO TO YOUR ROOM!"

"OKAY, JEEZ MOM!" She walked into her room and shut the door. Y/n looked at Varian, laughing nervously.

"Y-you talk about me?" He chuckled, blushing.

"Y-yeah... I had to. You're definitely one of the most important people in my life. You've taught me so much. I-I don't think I'd even be here if you weren't around." She admitted. She suddenly felt his arms wrap around her tightly.

"You've done the same for me, Y/n" He said quietly. She felt a stinging in her eyes and hugged back. Varian suddenly pulled away and screamed.

"W-what happened?!"

"H-HOT TEA! MY BACK!!!"

Y/n looked at his back and gasped.

"SORRY! I-I FORGOT I HAD THE CUP IN MY HANDS!" she set down the mug and took off his shirt. Just then, Cassandra walked in with the baby in her arms. She paused as she saw her mother holding his shirt. Y/n looked at her with her eyes wide.

"...You know you have a room, right?"

"GO TO YOUR ROOM!"

Cassandra giggled and ran back did as she was told. Y/n sighed and poked at Varian's back. He hissed a bit.

"Dang. It's really red. I have some medicine in my bathroom if-"

"Nonono, it's okay. I missed stuff like this."

"Getting... burned?"

"No. like, just hanging out like this. Like when we were fifteen. We'd always try out and create new chem balls and then I'd end up with injuries like this." He chuckled. Y/n laughed as well.

"Those were the golden years. I had a crush on you y'know."

"Really?" Varian said, amazed. Y/n nodded laughing.

"I was head over heels for you. But, you weren't exactly expressing affection towards me, so I just figured it'd be best to back off."

...

"...I liked you, too."

Y/n's breathing came to a halt.

"R-really?"

"Yeah."

"Like, a full blown crush?"

"Yup!"

"And you never told me... why?"

"Same reason as yours."

"But I literally kissed your cheek everyday."

"Eh, well I was dense, alright?" They both laughed. Varian sighed and looked at the clock.

"I best be on my way. I have to finish this project for Rapunzel." He stood up and grabbed his shirt, putting it on and shivered at the cold wet spot on his back. They both walked towards the door and Y/n opened it.

"You'll be back soon?" She asked.

"You know it! Plus, I gotta be here for your little rascal, Toby. He's a riot."

"He needs to calm down." She chuckled. He smiled and waved goodbye and Y/n closed the door, leaning against it. She suddenly felt her heartbeat run faster and her face getting warm.

And all of those feelings from when she was fifteen caught up to her.
~~~

YUCK

NNNASTY

I DON'T LIKE THIS ONE

Halloween special coming tomorrow thooough.