Chapter six

And now it's time for some Stony drama. :3

________

 "What about her? She looks like a good looking woman." Tony nodded his head in the direction of a young red head, wearing a mini skirt and fishnet leggings. They had gone to a small bar, one a little out of the way than what they were used to. The Silver Celtics was more of a man's space than a place to pick up women, which is what brought them here. And needless to say, the selection was pretty slim; Steve gave the other man a serious look. "I want a woman, not a prostitute!" The soldier muttered under his breath, not impressed. "You know Stark, why don't we just leave? I don't think I'm-" he began, but he stopped short when a familiar face took the seat next to him.

 "Hi." the young waitress giggled, and Steve sat there dumb founded. She looked amazing in her slimming jeans and sparkly gold top, her hair pulled away from her face. "Say hi you dork." Tony mumbled as he elbowed the guy in the ribs. "Hello there." Steve said as smoothly as he could manage. "I think we've met before, I work at that cafe, you were drawing in your sketchbook?" she said, tucking a loose piece of hair behind her ear.

"Oh, right! Right, um, my name's Steve." The man managed to choke out, He tugged nervously on his shirt collar, and he could hear Tony laugh behind him. It had been a while since the man had been out on the scene.

 "My name's Ashley. It's nice to finally talk to you." She smiled, and Steve smiled back. "I'll leave you two alone." Tony mumbled in the blond's ear, and he got up, leaving the two to mingle. The brunette sighed, and walked to a booth, figuring Steve would be able to fend for himself, which meant Tony could get as drunk as physically possible, and get rid of the impending jealousy.

 "I um, so what kind of movies do you like?" Ashley asked, So far, the conversation had been going well, the topics had been keeping away from more modern day topics, that is, until now. Steve ran a hand through his blond hair; trying to think of the most recent movie he had seen. "Um, I'm a real big fan of war movies. That new movie that's out, Argo? It seems really cool. I've been waiting to go see it but-"

"But you haven't had anyone to go with you?" Ashley asked tilting her head. Steve was caught off guard.

 Was that a sign that she wanted him to ask her out? Or was he just assuming things? "Y-yeah. I um, my friends are usually all so busy." The soldier looked down at the drink, suddenly wishing he could get drunk, maybe it would save him from making this conversation any worse for himself. "Well, hey if you're ever looking for a movie partner, I'd be glad to go with you!" The girl smiled, and Steve just stared awkwardly. "Um, yeah. I'd like that." He managed to smile back, but he still wasn't sure about himself.

 "Alright!" Ashley's face brightened, and she grabbed a napkin and a pen from her purse. "Here's my number. Why don't you give me a call when you’re free?" she asked, sliding the napkin his way. He picked it up, grinning like a fool. "Sure. I definitely will."

"What the hell Steve, I leave you for less than an hour and your talking to some blonde?" Tony's angry voice caused the two to turn around, Ashley confused, and Steve, he looked as if he had a mix of anger and embarrassment crossing his face.

 Tony stood before them, shirt un-tucked, tie loosened, and the strong smell of alcohol wafting off of him. "Excuse us, for a moment." Steve murmured to Ashley, who simply nodded as she watched the man get up. "Tony, I need to speak with you." he wore a serious look, but the brunette simply stared at him, looking bored. "What is it Capsicle? You lookin to go back to my place?" Tony's eyes flickered over to Ashley, who looked just about ready to die of embarrassment.

 "You want to join us blondie?" Tony raised his eyebrows, his old habits returning, and causing the girl to blush furiously and look away. "That's it, I'm taking you home." The soldier quickly turned around to apologize to Ashley, but she was gone. Steve sighed and picked up the napkin, shaking his head in upset.