lying ~ 2

Twilight raised his hands, surprised. He was even more surprised when Link ran at him, sword in hand.
Just before he attacked, another sword stopped the first. He looked over at his savior, and it was Time.

He stepped back to let Time solve this, making a mental note to thank him.
As Time and the new Link pushed their swords against each other, Twilight noticed that the new Link either didn't have the Master sword or he wasn't using it at the moment.

Then, to both Time's and Twilight's surprise, Link's sword broke. It just snapped in half like a stick.
Link groaned and pulled out a flat rock-like thing. He tapped it a few times before a new sword appeared. He grabbed it and held it out, putting the rock back on his belt.

"If you're trying to kill me, just hurry up and fight already. You won't kill me by breaking all of my swords."
Time sheath his sword and calmly replied,
"We aren't trying to kill you. We just want to help."
Link didn't stop holding out his sword, but he relaxed a little.

Time noticed all of the scars covering Link's skin. Only his face and neck were visible. He was wearing a red shirt with lots of buckles and straps, along with simple beige pants and brow boots.
And his scars. He looked young. But he had more scars than Time, or the while group put together. And that was only his face. There were burn marks all over the side of his face, and scratch marks on the other.
The burn marks reached down to his neck, and likely further than that.

Whatever caused the burns surely would have killed him, or brought him close to death.
Poor kid.

"What have you been through?"
"What kind of question is that?"
Shoot. He didn't realize that he had said that out loud. Oh well. He was curious, anyway.
"Your scars. What happened to you?"
Link brought his arm down so that the sword was now touching the ground. His face softened.
"I-" He looked down for a moment, then back up again. His face had changed into one of determination and toughness. He seemed to be trying to act tough.
"Guardians. And I survived, so it doesn't matter."
He muttered something under.his breath, and Time couldn't tell what he was saying.

Link took a deep breath.
"Anyways, what do you want from me?"
"I want nothing. But-"
"Then I'll be leaving. Good bye."
He turned away and walked off, not looking back at them.

"Well," Twilight said, "That got us nowhere. Usually they aren't this hard to get."
Time nodded, silently agreeing.

《^^^》

He decided to follow them to see what they were up to. He had better things to do, sure, but these people were quite odd.

He walked through the forest near the path, watching them as if they were prey.

He really needed to finish getting the Divine Beasts.

Where were these people going?
Maybe he could ask.
No, they'd suspect something.

There was a guardian up ahead. Hopefully that Twilight guy wouldn't almost get himself killed again.

The Twilight guy stopped the group, and they started talking, presumably about the guardian.

The kid ran over to it, but nobody noticed.
It aimed at him and started beeping. The kid didn't seem to care.
He started trying to climb on it.

He ran over to get the kid off.
But before he got over, the kid was on the other side. He couldn't see him anymore.
He started going around the guardian when he heard the blast and saw the blue light. He shouted and ran over to the kid.

The kid wasn't there. Where was he?
He heard a voice behind him.
"That thing is scary, huh?"
He turned around and saw the kid standing there.
He gently pushed the kid back to the group.

He heard a beeping noise behind him. Dammit.
He turned around and took out his shield.
He waited for the guardian to shoot, and when it did, he parried the attack.
He did it a second time.
Then a third. The guardian blew up.

He turned around to see the entire group staring at him in awe.

"Yup, he's the one."

He looked at them, confused.
There no answer.
He walked away.

《^^^》

"Yup. He's the one."
"Yeah, I told you."
"He looks... scary."
"What do you mean by that?"
"I mean the pink marks all over his face."
"Those 'pink marks' are burn scars, I think."
"Anyways, Wind, are you okay? I saw what happened, but you were kind of on the other side of the spider thing."
"Oh, yeah. I'm fine!"
"No, you aren't. Looks at you! Let me get a potion."
"I told you, I'm fine-"
"Here. Drink it."
"Ugh. Fine."

"Did you see what the new hero did? That was crazy!"
"Yeah. It was impressive."
"I think his scars were from one of those things."
"Yeah, they do look relatively recent."
"How recent do you think?"
"A couple of weeks ago, at most. Anywhere from that to last week."
"Wow. How is he not dead? It doesn't look like he used a fairy or drank a potion or anything, because the scars are too prominent and visible. He must have just toughed it out or something."
"Or he rested."
"It's also possible that the potions in this Hyrule are weaker than ours."
"True. This world seems really different from ours."
"There's way more stuff."
"And it's huge."
"The monsters aren't too different, though."

"And, despite that giant swirly thing around the castle, everything seems fine. Nobody seems to care."
"That's pretty familiar to me."
"Yeah, we know, Twi."
"Hey! I was just contributing to the conversation."

"Anyways, another weird thing that there are so many ruins and abandoned places. What's up with that?"
"Why don't you ask someone?"
"Because it isn't common knowledge, then most people wouldn't know. If it is, I'd look stupid."
"That kind of goes for most things, but sure. Somebody else can ask."
"Why don't you ask?"
"I don't want to."
"Why? Because you're afraid if looking stupid?"
"Hey! I'm not scared of something like that! If you're going to talk like that, you should ask someone!"
"Fine! Next time we see someone, I'll ask."

《^^^》

~1057 words~