Chapter 39: Laundry. Again.

"Negan? Sir?"

Negan's radio speaks into the darkness of your room. The two of you look at eachother for a second before you both sit up and he reaches over to his table to answer.

"Arat?"

"Sir we--"

The radio turns to static.

"Arat? Arat!"

Negan runs his hand down his face, looking up at the ceiling before he tosses the radio back on the table.

"We're never going to get back." you murmur, closing your eyes and pinching the bridge of your nose.

》》

"You'll be fine."

"Negan, I don't trust these people! We just met them. What if--"

Negan grabs your two shoulders, keeping you in place.

"You'll be fine."

You turn the look at the group of women waiting for you.

"I don't understand why I can't just go with you guys. I mean, laundry isn't my thing. I'm a better shot than most of the guys there."

"We've just gotta fit in for a couple more days until we can get gas.. or get that radio to work."

You look up at Negan.

"Who's gonna save your ass when you get into deep shit?"

Negan smiles down at you, pulling you into his chest.

"Negan, you ready?" Eric calls from the front gate.

Negan turns, giving him a thumbs up, then looks back at you.

"You'll be fine."

You nod, taking a deep breath and turning back to the women again.

"Look at me, hey." Negan says looking down at you and smiling.

" Negan says looking down at you and smiling

"I can save my own ass."

You turn, holding your arms as you start walking to the group of ladies.

"See ya.." you say quietly, taking slow breaths to keep your anxiety at a manageable level.

Negan watches you walk away, slowly turning and making his way to his group.