Chapter 5: Visiting

You put on your seat belt in a hurry, excited to see your group after almost two days since the tragic event. 

I hope everyone's alright.

Negan looks over from the seat next to you as Simon put the key into the ignition.

"You look excited."

You look over at him.

"Yeah, not seeing your family in two days after a traumatic event will do that to you." you reply.

Negan nods.

"I guess it'll bum you out to know that I have some rules for you." he chuckles.

You raise an eyebrow at him.

"Rules?"

"Yes, Y/N, rules. Only two: No talking to anyone and no wandering off under any circumstances. That's all I need you to respect."

"You can't control me like that." you reply, a scowled expression on your face.

"Oh but I can. You can stay here and work if you'd like." he smiles.

You cross your arms, sitting back in your seat as you shake your head, looking out your window.

"Drive."

You can hear Negan chuckle as he signals Simon to start driving.

Roughly 10 minutes into the drive, Negan moves closer to you and tosses an arm around your shoulders.

"Come on, Y/N, lets talk. Tell me how ya met Rick."

You look over at him, raising an eyebrow.

"I'm not a fan of small talk."

The tip of his tongue shows through his teeth as he smiles.

"If that's the case, I've got somethin' else we can do to pass the time."

You roll your eyes, shaking your head as you turn to look out the window again. You can feel Negan squeeze your arm for a moment as he laughs.

"Wrong timing, I gotcha."

The sudden stop of the car gains Negan's attention. 

Thank god.

"We are here, sir." Simon says.

Negan moves his arm off of you. You unbuckle your seat belt, about to open your door when you feel Negan's hand on your wrist. You turn and look at him.

"I'm serious about the rules." he says firmly.

You nod your head, impatient. Slowly, he takes his hand off of you and you get out of the vehicle. Walking up to the gate Negan places his arm around your waist, his hand ending up on your hip. You look up at him and he winks, causing you to roll your eyes back at him.

"Don't get any ideas, Negan. I will wrestle you down and you will regret it." you warn him.

Negan hums, squeezing you even tighter against him.

"Is that a promise?" he mocks you.

You let out a heavy sigh, facing forward again. Reaching the gate, you see Rick on the other side. Your eyes meet his. You smile at him and he smiles back, obviously happy to see you. He begins opening the gate.

"Remember what I said." Negan whispers into your ear.

Stopping in front of Rick, you see his eyes sparkle for a moment.

"Y/N-"

"Nope." Negan puts up his hand at Rick "You talk to me and my boys, that's it."

You bite your tongue to stop yourself from telling him off. Rick nods, clenching his jaw repeatedly before looking at Negan again.