Chapter 3: The Scar

Stepping inside the bathroom, you expected it to be dirty with grime and mold, but it was spotless. The tank of the toilet had a hairbrush and a towel on it. The sink had a brand new 2-pack of toothbrushes, and beside it was a travel sized toothpaste tube. A small tube is better than none at all.

You turn on the faucet and splash water on your face. After using the towel to dry yourself, you look up at yourself through the mirror. The scar above your eye taunts you. Just looking at it gave you chills.

It travels diagonally through your eyebrow, ending just below your right eye. You run your finger across the slit in your eyebrow.

I don't see that growing back anytime soon.

"How'd you get it?"

Startled, you spin around to see a dirty blonde-haired man standing in the bathroom doorway. Half of his face is..

Gonna guess he's Dwight.

"What? " you ask.

"You know: The scar. What happened?" Dwight repeats, seemingly interested.

You lean against the sink, crossing your arms.

"I could ask you the same question."

Dwight furrows his eyebrows for a moment before nodding.

"Whatever.." he shrugs it off, moving to the side of the door "Let's go."

While walking down the hall, he grabs your upper arm. You move uncomfortably, trying your hardest to remove yourself from his hand. You finally come up to a double door. Dwight pushes it open and roughly pulls you inside with him. You move your arm, finally getting out of his grasp.

Fixing your shirt sleeve, you give Dwight a dirty look. You turn your head to see a group of women chatting amongst one another. They stop all the chatter and focus on you.

"Stay here." Dwight demands, slowly walking out.

"Whatever you say, douchebag." you reply, hearing low giggles from the women inside the room.

Dwight leaves the room and closes the door. You turn your body around to look at the women as they chat to themselves. Suddenly, a blonde haired woman comes up to you, holding her hand out.

" I'm Amber." she tells you, smiling.

"I'm Y/N." you introduce yourself, looking uneasily around the room.

Your hands drop, and Amber walks over to the only couch that had no one sitting. She motions for you to come over, and you do, sitting next to her.

" You've got guts. None of us here would ever talk to any of Negan's men like that." Amber smiles.

"Yeah, well.. they don't scare me. They bleed just like me." you reply " Do you have anything to drink in here?"

Amber shakes her head.

"We've got liquor, but it's Negan's. He doesn't like us touching his things." Amber whispers.

You squint your eyes in confusion at her.

"Are you scared of him?" you ask.