【49】Dealing With Consequences

Start from the beginning

"Do you mind if we take a break? I'm starving, and I need to air out my brain," I said, hoping I didn't sound too eager to get away.

Lex moved back and took off his glasses before rubbing his eyes, seemingly as desperate for a break as I was. He then folded them, put them down before him, and met my eyes. "Sure. I'll keep working for a moment. I feel like we're almost good here." With that said, he stretched his neck left and right, making it crack. I rolled further from the computer, allowing him to get into a better position, and stood up with my phone in hand.

Once in the safety of the hallway, I dared to open Kate's message. "So???? How good was he? You are the sneakiest little biatch! I didn't know you were going to take that leap."

I rolled my eyes, both embarrassed and annoyed. I didn't even have the time to process my thoughts about all this, but already, I had to justify myself left and right. First to Tammy, and now to Kate. "I didn't know it would happen either," I chose to message back. Thinking that I'd have at least a few minutes, I walked toward the stairs. I didn't have the time to walk ten feet before my phone buzzed in my hand.

"I need details. Omg. I can't believe it, DD, you did it!" I could sense her excitement through the screen.

"It's hardly an accomplishment. Over 70,000 people are having sex at any given time."

"Don't get all nerdy on me. SO? HOW WAS IT???"

I winced and wondered what I could tell her. I wouldn't lie, but I didn't want her to read into things too much. "It was great. The man clearly knows a lot about the female anatomy." There. It was true, efficient, and quite impersonal. Kate didn't need to hear much more than this.

When my phone vibrated again, I looked down, expecting to see another message, but saw instead that she was calling me. Reluctantly, I picked up and moved further down the hallway, looking for a retreated spot to do this.

"I don't want the toned-down answers, you skank," she greeted me.

"Nice to hear your voice too, blondie."

"So, how was it? And I want the real, unpolished answer."

"It was amazing," I complied with a sigh. "I've never experienced anything like it before."

"Ah! I knew it! I knew the man was a sex god. How big is his junk?" she asked, unashamed. Embarrassed beyond words, I couldn't help but look around, worried someone could be witnessing this.

"Kate! What the hell kind of question is that!"

"You told me to not get back into the dating game right away, and I'm trying to do just that. Girl, I need to live my sex life through yours. Give me the deets or I'll go date the first asshole I come across," she threatened.

I clenched my teeth, annoyed by how inquisitive she was. This situation was new to me. Kate had always been the one with an active sex life. She was usually the one telling me about it. Initially, I hadn't wanted to hear the details of her sexual prowesses, but I had listened to her stories, thinking I'd learn a thing or two from her experience. I had, even though theory and practice were two very different things. Knowing she was comfortable sharing that sort of detail didn't make it easier for me.

"So? How's Lex Junior?"

"My God, I swear... You're the fucking worst."

"I know. And you're prudish as fuck."

"I'm not prudish," I argued, offended.

"You are. Unless you tell me what I want to know."

"Well, I'll just say that this part is proportional to the rest of him," I conceded. Lex was tall and broad. It should give Kate all the info she needed.