Epilogue: Brightening Skies

You can thank Snow and my discord buddies for this coming out right now, Snow said post and the rest went 'Stop torturing us Fire!' geeze... maybe i shouldn't have teased them for months about the epilogue

2 and 3/4 years later:

Dream smiled to himself, this world was always so positive.

He had to admit PJ's Daycare was a favorite of his.

It was still weird to come across children of alternate Ink's or himself, he usually had to brace himself before meeting a Palette.

And let's not even speak of the Error/Ink children. Thank goodness those were children of minor versions of the two, version who were not Creators or Destroyers, and for that, Dream was grateful.

It saddened him, that he was overjoyed that Ink hadn't talked him into a relationship before it all went down.

Sighing he pushed away those depressing thoughts, or they would cycle back to Ink and Stretch's fates.

There were no gods anymore. Ink was... well, gone, only Blue knew where, so Error could retire, as the balance had finally settled.

Oh, there were still Dark Sans, but they mostly stayed at wherever Nightmare's hidden AU was. There were still problems, but compared to before, it was trifles.

Easily solved really.

Nightmare was even talking to him again now and then, now that the darker twin didn't have to rampage to keep the balance along with the others.

Yet...

He would admit he felt lonely. Of the Star Sanses, he was the only one left.

Ink was better not to think about, and Blue... Blue was lost in other ways.

All this because of a hateful brother, and a mad, jealous god.

He blinked as a sound caught his attention. Turning, he saw a laughing child run out of the PJ's Daycare.

He hadn't even realized he'd arrived.

They had a cute short cloak over a dark tunic and pants, and he could see some type of item on a chain around their neck, almost hidden by an enormous blue and cream bow.

'Oh! It reminds me of Blue's,' he thought with a smile.

A gold pair of boots adorned the little one's feet, a belt wrapped around their middle, and some golden embroidery- very pretty embroidery for that matter- curled around the hems of the shirt.

He didn't recognize the small child other than them being a Sans, perhaps from a smaller AU or a child of two Sanses.

"Running won't get you home any faster, Misty," a gentle voice teased, and Dream froze.

A slim figure, smaller than his own, walked out after the child. He wore a dark blue tank top, black jeans, fingerless gloves, and heavy dark boots.

"Okay mama, but it's my birthday!" Came the chirpy voice of the child.

"I know buddy," the older Skeleton said happily, a normal voice.

A powered down Blackout stood in front of him. "Blue?" Dream exclaimed in disbelief.

"Oh, hi mister!" the child- Misty- said, looking up.

Their hood slipped off their head, revealing one golden eyelight, and one blue eyelight with a golden star in it.

"Oh.. oh my..." Dream said as he mentally counted.

And then he fainted.

OoOoO