Chapter 12, Part 2: Deeper Deeper Dark

Somehow Dream found himself leaning against the wall of the room, Nightmare having moved him while he was still in shock. The wall felt like a normal wall, but also wrong for some reason.

Channeling his healing magic as best he could, he managed to heal the worst of the head injury, and his eyesight was no longer fading at the edges.

It still ached, but he could concentrate now.

Blue... his sweet, sassy Blue was Blackout.

It was horrifying, to think that if Ink wasn't so obsessed with him, and if he wasn't a monster made up of pure positive magic, he could have ended up the same way.

Then, a funny thought came to his mind unbidden.

"Well, at least I wasn't kissing someone else when you kissed me as Blackout," he said aloud.

A silence fell throughout the room as Blackout's glowing yellow blush lit the walls dimly.

OoOoO

Blackout had almost forgotten the kiss.

It wasn't like it haunted his dreams or anything.

Okay, no, he was totally having naughty dreams centered around that kiss.

Dreams that made a lot more sense now that he had his memories back.

Wow... how had Dream not managed to knock him up?

'No... focus, Blackout! Ink first, then Dream,' he thought, fighting down his blush.

"For the last time... DREAM! IS! MINE!" Ink screamed, swinging Broomie.

OoOoO

It was a fight scene to remember, everyone attacking Ink at once.

Yet, this wasn't the Ink they remembered.

This was an Ink that had nothing to lose.

An Ink that only cared if Dream and himself would get out.

And if not that, then not even Dream would walk away.

"Whoah!" Cross cried, aborting an attack at Ink as the creator glowed the same exact terrifying hue of violet as the Overwrite button, a hue that spread to Broomie.

The next swipe of Broomie literally removed an entire wall of the house from existence.

There wasn't even rubble.

"You think you'll win?! You're just specks of dust. Toys for me to play with! How dare you attack your god!" Ink snarled, still glowing the terrifying Overwrite violet.

"Shut up, Inky," Blackout said, slashing him with shadows that sent the other monster flying back several feet and outside the decaying house.

Suddenly, Ink staggered back as a golden attack hit him.

The fight paused as Ink looked down at the golden arrow in his chest.

"Dream..." he said quietly.

"Sorry Ink, but I'm nobody's toy," Dream said, his eyelights like golden ice. He was still leaning against the wall, but had his weapon out.

"Then you can all DIE!" Ink screeched.

OoOoO

The Dark Sanses and Dream held their heads, trying to block out the painful shriek Ink had made.

Dream winced, actually feeling tears come to his eyes from the pain.

This was a nightmare.

And not the brother type.