Chapter 11: Stillness...

Snow crunched under his heavy boots, his breath creating a pale mist in the air in front of him.

Blackout wasn't planning to destroy this AU, though. It was a rather nice one, and Error had said that it wasn't destabilized in any way.

He... he had just wanted to do this away from others.

"Core?" he questioned the air.

An instant later, a monochrome Frisk floated there.

"Hello Blue," they said.

They knew that made this easier in some ways.

"Core... My AU will be reset soon.. I can't go back. But, Error said that my not returning could cause it to crumble," Blackout whispered.

"I'll take care of it," Core said.

"Thank you, Core," he said in relief.

Soon, both the skeleton and the human were gone.

OoOoO

Dream had spent the last several days feeling as if he were forgetting something, something very important.

Ink was no help, as he was doing some project with Stretch.

And Blue had wandered off again, probably to avoid Stretch.

What was it that he was forgetting?

OoOoO

Blackout arrived at his new home in a swirl of shadows. Shortly after he resolidified, his form shifted back into his Blue shape.

"I'm back!" He called.

"In the kitchen!" Error shouted back.

Smiling, he slipped into the kitchen to find Error... baking.

"Ohhh... chocolate chip," he exclaimed happily, seeing some on cooling racks.

"Grab a few from the far rack, they're cool enough to eat," Error told him, pointing.

He grabbed two, and biting down on the first, he found himself in absolute bliss. The cookies were PERFECT.

"These are great, I didn't know you could bake!" Blue exclaimed, pouring himself a glass of milk. He took a sip and relaxed.

"You should taste the ones the kid taught me. Now those cookies, those should be considered God-tier cookies," Error said.

"Kid?" Blue asked, curious.

"Retconned. It's rather unlikely you'd have ever met him or ever will meet him, really. He rarely leaves his multiverse, but I met him once when he was doing a favor for his Error," Error said, placing the final batch in the oven.

"Huh... neat ability," Blue said.

"Really not worth the issues he had that got him the ability," Error said.

Blue sat there, listening to Error talking. Sometimes, it was the little things like this that brought him happiness.

OoOoO

Nightmare watched Dream happily help the resident of an AU, his twin smiling brightly as usual.

But now and then, he paused, a strange look coming to his face. He seemed to zone out for a moment, then suddenly go back to normal.

The feelings he got from his twin during those moments weren't normal, either.

Something was seriously wrong, probably the same wrongness that transformed Blue into Blackout.