Chapter Ten: Hidden in my Mind

Thanks as always Snow <3 also sorry for the wait but Shell got so much inspiration but that story is finished now. lets see what i can do now on this one

Blue and Dream laughed as they ran down the beach, sand below their feet and getting between their bones, while the pounding surf nipped at their phalanges.

Suddenly, Dream grabbed him and pulled him into the water.

Blue came up with a gasp for air at the same time as Dream, an enormous goofy smile on his face.

"Dream," He laughed.

"Hey there, Blue," Dream said with a strange smile.

"This is a perfect day," Blue said as they sat in the gently foaming surf together. The golden sun was setting, and the air was still warm.

"Want to make it even more perfect?" Dream asked.

"Hmm...?" Blue mused, turning to look at his boyfriend.

"Blue, will you marry me?" Dream asked, holding a beautiful ring in his hands.

"Yes," Blue cried, his soul feeling like it might explode from pure happiness.

They sealed it with a passionate kiss.

Blue woke with a gasp.

"What was that?" He asked himself.

"I was crying?" he murmured disbelievingly, seeing traces of toxic yellow magic. "Why was I crying?"

OoOoO

Ink walked across his room, his eyelights glowing a bloody red with pure, unadulterated rage.

Back and forth, back and forth.

Things were not going to plan.

He threw a book across the room, where it hit and destroyed one of his smaller works. He didn't care, having fallen too deep into his own anger.

He probably should have drunk some of his positive vials, but he was too far gone to care.

He remembered well when it all started.

Flashback:

"I can't believe they're together!" Stretch raged. How dare Dream take advantage of his pure, innocent brother?!

Blue was too pure for the multiverse, he should just stay at home! He didn't even like that he was in the Star Sanses, why the hell did Blue have to remember the stupid resets?!

"Co-workers shouldn't be together," Ink said in a strange tone of voice.

"You're jealous," Stretch said with a wicked smile.

"Dream should have been mine," Ink growled angrily.

Stretch could easily tell that the Creator had been sipping a few paint vials.

"What if we change that?" Stretch said, an ominous smirk crossing his face.

"How? They're engaged, and at this rate, they'll be married with kids," Ink replied, frowning unhappily.

"Can your paint effect memories?" Stretch asked, a sly look on his face.

"Yes... a rather toxic yellow one does" Ink said, bewildered.

"They can't have a relationship if they don't remember why they started in the first place," Stretch said with a wicked, cat-that-ate-the-canary grin.

Ink's responding smirk was predatory, his rage-reddened eyelights gleaming like rubies.

End Flashback

Why? Why was Dream still so attached to Blue?! Why did his eyes never turn to him? Ink destroyed his room in a fit of rage, acidic paint melting holes in the walls, destroying his art, and ruining the furniture.

OoOoO

Dream smiled cheerily to himself as he adjusted his clothing, still a bit damp from his morning shower.

Yesterday had been nice.

He hadn't realized how much he had missed hanging around with Blue, the younger Sans had always made him happy.

Wait, why was the world tilting?

Oh... the world wasn't.

He was.

Dream fell unconscious in his room, collapsing to the floor.

OoOoO

"Stretch, get up," Ink said, kicking the unconscious Papyrus.

"What...?" Stretch groaned, badly hungover.

"We need to do more! Dream keeps going back to Blue," Ink exclaimed unhappily, eyelights glowing an wrathful blood red.

Stretch hissed angrily.

"Dammit, Blue! I bet you're not home, either," he snarled.

OoOoO

Dream was dreaming, which was strange. Usually, when he slept, he wandered the realm of dreams.

But this time, he seemed to be stuck in a single dream.

"This AU is rather nice, no resets and the judge doesn't mind visitors," said Blue's voice.

Dream turned to find Blue and a dream version of himself walking towards him.

"The weather is unusually good here too, do you think this AU will have the spot we want?" his dream-self asked.

"I hope so, Dream. After all, we want an absolutely perfect place for our wedding," Blue said, gently kissing Dream's dream-self.

"Wedding...?!" Dream whispered disbelievingly.

"Gah..." he cried out as noise went wild, causing his skull to feel like it might split.

Just before he woke up, the dream was smothered by toxic yellow.

"What the heck..." Dream muttered, his golden eyelights flickering blearily.

His head felt as if someone had used a club on it... kinda like that time that Horror hit him over the head with a bone club.

Whatever that was, it had not been normal.

Not quite a dream.

"That... was.." he said trailing off. His thoughts went fuzzy for a moment.

"Oh, I must have needed more sleep," Dream said, the memories that had re-chained themselves when he had fallen unconscious stolen away once more. Never knowing that, for a few minutes, his magic had won against Ink's before fading.

On the floor, a few drops of toxic yellow paint puddled, rejected from Dream's soul.

Sadly, it was nothing compared to the amount of paint still in him, keeping his true memories at bay.

But it was a start.

Moments later, it vanished without a trace.