Chapter 22 - The fuss

"You fell in love with a storm. Did you really think you would get out unscathed?"

Alejandro's POV

I gritted my teeth without looking at him and clenched my fist. I walked towards the cabinet and grabbed a bottle of whiskey. I poured some whiskey into my glass. I breathed deeply and turned around, facing Cedric who was probably holding himself hard not to punch my face.

"I buried that love into the deepest place in my heart. Even I cannot find it." I said bitterly and drank it in a sip.

"But if it is still in your heart, you will find it someday again." He stated and winked at me. I looked at him without saying anything.

He approached me and squeezed my shoulder.

"I hope it will not be too late when you regret what you have done." He said, giving me a sad look and left without waiting for me to say anything.

Andrea's POV

I sighed sadly as Alejandro didn't pick up my call again. What happened? I was so worried as well as nervous. It reminded me of the awful memories. I had a bad feeling inside me. We hadn't talked since he left the suite without waking me up. I was in my room in my parents' mansion; my mother invited me for dinner.

Suddenly, my phone rang. I looked at it in excitement. My expression changed as I saw it wasn't Alejandro. I breathed deeply and picked up the phone.

"Hi, Eva."

"Did you see the news?" She asked, concerned.

A tight knot formed in my throat. Did something happen to Alejandro? My heartbeats increased in fear.

"No. What happened?" I asked anxiously.

"You and..." She mumbled and breathed deeply as she paused. "It will be better if you look at it yourself." She said and hung up without letting me say anything.

I looked at my phone, dumbfounded. A few seconds later, my phone buzzed. Eva sent me a link. I tapped on the link, puzzled. My eyes widened in shock as I saw the article and....the video. I gasped, covering my mouth with my hand as I started watching the video. Oh my...! It...It was a video about last night. Alejandro and my making love video. The video was short, and I wasn't seen much compared to Alejandro despite the fact it was so blurry; so our faces weren't clear, but I was sure it was the same suite. Despite my face wasn't clear in the video, it still made me feel ashamed. My heart tightened. It felt like I couldn't breathe anymore. Tears ran down my cheeks while I watched the video. I collapsed onto the bed as my legs no longer listened to me. I threw my phone onto the bed and covered my ears, crying hysterically. I felt nauseated.

How... How was it possible? How did they get this video?

Did Alejandro know about it? Maybe because of it, he didn't pick up my call, or he thought it was me. Oh my goodness! Maybe someone was blackmailing him.

I needed to talk to him. Yes, I needed to talk to him. I grabbed my phone with my trembling hand and called Alejandro.

Damn it! I cursed under my breath and threw my phone onto the bed as he didn't pick up my call again.

"Andrea! Andrea! Where are you? Come here!" My father shouted, making me jolt in my place.

My heart was pounding like crazy. My hands were cold. It felt like I was going to collapse. I breathed deeply, wiping the tears off my cheeks and went downstairs.

I walked into the living room barely. My legs were trembling.

My mother and father were here. My mother looked worried while my father was pacing back and forth in frustration.

"Dad..." I murmured, trying to hold myself from crying while looking down. My voice was barely audible. I felt ashamed. "I am sorry, Dad. I..." I burst out crying without managing to finish my sentence.

My father approached me in quick steps and slapped me across my face.

"Michael!" My mother exclaimed in shock and rushed towards us.

I placed my hand on my cheek while looking at my father, stunned while tears were running down my cheeks.

My mother hugged me and stroked my hair. I hugged her back while crying.

My father gritted his teeth, running his hand through his hair.

"It is that bastard! He did it. I will kill him." My father snarled in frustration. "And you! How could you sleep with that bastard?!" He barked as he approached me. I took a step back reflectively. "You disappointed me! How could you let him manipulate you?! Now he would tell everyone what a slut my daughter is!"

I looked at my father, stunned. My mouth agape. Did he really think that I... I looked down, embarrassed. My vision was blurry with tears.

"What will Gabriel and Jacobo say about this shame?" My father stated furiously.

"Dad..." I mumbled.

"You will not leave the house for a second. And if I see you beside that bastard again, you will regret it!" My father snapped as he grabbed my arm tightly and shook it angrily.

"Dad, please. It hurts." I begged, crying as I tried to pull my arm away, but he didn't release my arm.

"Michael, enough!" My mother demanded as she pulled me back into her embrace. She hugged me tightly. I hugged her back, crying. "It isn't her fault. He..."

"It takes two for tango!" My father cut her off.

Suddenly, his phone rang. He pulled it out of his pocket and cursed under his breath.

"Look, the conclusions of your behavior!" My father snapped, showing me his phone. It was Gabriel who was calling. He gave me a dark look and picked up the phone.

"Gabriel....It..." My father tried to say something, but he was interrupted by Gabriel. He clenched his fist and gave me a dirty look.

My father's expression got harder while he was listening to Gabriel.

"No, listen..." He cursed as Gabriel hung up on him and slammed his fist against the wall.

"Michael..." My mother wanted to approach him, but he stormed out without saying anything.

****

I was leaning against the headboard while crying non-stop. Suddenly, someone knocked on the door, interrupting my thoughts. The door opened and Eva walked in. I pursed my lips together, looking at her while tears ran down my cheeks. She gave me a concerned look and approached me. I hugged her tightly while crying hysterically.