Chapter 19 - Old memories

"When someone loves you, the way they talk about you is different. You feel safe and comfortable."

Andrea's POV

I took a sip from my tea, lost in my thoughts. I had to talk to Jacobo. He was going to come next week. I wanted to tell him first, because I knew my father's reaction very well. He would be furious when he heard that I didn't want to marry Jacobo. I should find a good excuse, because I couldn't tell my father that Alejandro and I were in a relationship.

"Hey, Andrea. You lost in your thoughts again." Eva interrupted my thoughts and gave me a compassionate look.

Suddenly, my phone buzzed. I pulled it out of my bag. I beamed as I saw a message from Alejandro.

'Good morning. I love you.'

I grinned sheepishly and tapped a message. I placed my phone on the table and took a sip from my tea.

"What is going on?" Eva asked, intrigued and grinned mischievously.

"Nothing." I replied, trying to control my voice.

"Are you sure? I noticed a change in you. You look different. You look happy." She asked mischievously. I bit my lower lip, averting my gaze.

"Hey, spill the beans!" She exclaimed, excited. I beamed at her. "Is it about Jacobo? Did he finally manage to steal your heart? Or... Oh my.... Did you have sex?" She asked with wide eyes.

"No!" I responded quickly. She gave me a puzzled look. I sighed, entwining my hands and bit my lower lip, blushing. "It is about Alejandro." I confessed. She gasped in shock. "We...We are back together." I informed.

She stared at me, dumbfounded. She breathed deeply as her expression changed.

"Don't let him fool you again." She warned, giving me a disapproving look. "Because of him, you lost your baby." She stated angrily.

I looked down as sadness crossed my features.

"It wasn't his fault, Eva. It was my fault. I should be more careful, but..." I couldn't finish my sentence as my eyes welled up. I knew if I said one more word, I would start crying.

She sighed and held my hand. "If he didn't break up with you that way, you would not have gone into depression." She commented, giving me a sympathetic look.

"No, Eva. It is just an excuse. I should think about my baby and take care of myself and my little one, but that time, I couldn't think straight." I confirmed sadly.

She gave me a compassionate look and hugged me. I hugged her back, fighting back my tears.

"But be careful with him! I don't trust him. Especially, considering the rivalry between your father and him." She warned as she pulled back. "I have some uneasy feelings about it. I think he is up to something. So be careful!" She added with a serious expression.

I bit my lower lip, thinking. "I don't know why he acts bad towards my father. He almost tries to do everything to destroy him." I commented sadly. I breathed deeply, ruffling my hair and continued. "I don't know. Everything fell apart since his father's death. He didn't pull himself together." I confirmed, depressed.

****

I woke up happily the following morning. I got up and went to the bathroom.

After taking a shower, I wrapped a towel around my body and stepped out of the shower. Once I finished drying my body, I went to the walk-in closet and put on a beige blouse with lace sleeves and black pants.

I was working in my office when my phone rang. A sheepish grin appeared on my face as I saw Alejandro's name on the screen.

"Hey, Alejandro." I said happily as soon as I picked up my phone.

"Hi, mi tesero. Where are you? In the company?" He asked huskily.

"Yes, I was working." I replied as I stood up and approached the window.

"I missed you. I have a surprise for you. How about dinner?" He asked.

"I missed you too. Yes, I am free this evening." I replied, excited.

"I reserved a suite in your hotel. We will have dinner there. I want to be alone with you." He said huskily.

"Our hotel? No, Alejandro. My father can find it. I don't want him to find out about us this way." I protested, stressed.

"Don't worry, cariño. I thought about everything. The room was booked in someone else's name. I will wait for you there. I look forward to holding you in my arms." He said seductively.

"Alejandro, but..."

"Andrea, relax. No one will know about it. I want to repeat our memories there. I booked the same suite where we spent our first month anniversary." He said with a provocative voice.

I bit my lower lip, blushing. "Ok, I will come." I agreed.

"Perfect. See you." He said, excited and hung up without waiting for me to say anything.

I grinned happily and stared at my phone. I felt so happy. I loved him so much.

I left the company early. I needed to get ready.

After taking a shower, I put on a mini red dress. I did my hair wavy and put on my makeup. I checked myself one more time, smiling and grabbed my clutch. I breathed deeply and left.

I took a deep breath and knocked on the door. I felt so excited.

A few minutes later, the door opened. I smiled at Alejandro.

"You look stunning." He said huskily and roamed my body from head to toe with lustful eyes.

"Thanks." I gave him a shy smile, looking at my gorgeous Spanish man and walked in as he took a step back, letting me in.

"I missed you." He said as he closed the door and brushed his lips against mine.

He pinned me up against the wall while kissing me passionately. I wrapped my arms around his neck while our tongues were dancing in desire.

"Let's have dinner. If we continue more than a second, I can not stop myself." He murmured hoarsely while we were panting.

"I am not hungry." I stated, biting my lower lip. I leaned towards his ear and whispered seductively. "For food."