Chapter 16 - Conversation

"Love is hard to find, hard to keep, and hard to forget."

Andrea's POV

"Hi." He greeted me, looking into my eyes.

"What are you doing here?" I asked dryly.

He sighed, running his hand through his hair and said firmly. "I want to talk to you."

I raised my eyebrow while staring at him. "I don't think there's something left to talk about." I commented bitterly as I folded my arms over my chest.

He took a deep breath and stated. "There is the cafe next to the company...."

"Alejandro, I am busy and...."

"Andrea, please. We have to talk." He declared, determined.

I breathed deeply, annoyed and nodded. "Ok, tell me whatever you want, but be quick. I don't have so much time."

He nodded, beaming at me and opened the door for me. I sighed and got in the car. After closing the door, he rushed towards the driver side and got in the car.

I was staring out the window, ignoring the freaking handsome jerk next to me. I felt so nervous. My heart was pounding. I entwined my hands tightly. I hadn't looked at him for a second since I got in the car, but I felt his gaze on me time by time.

His musky scent filled the car. Every time I took a breath, my nostrils filled with the familiar scent which I adored. I couldn't hold myself from thinking about our memories when I breathed in the same scent from his body.

Oh my goodness! How much I missed him. I was holding myself hard not to kiss him, hug him, but I had to stay away from him. He wasn't good for my mental health.

He parked his car in front of the cafe. He got out of the car and rushed towards my side, but I didn't wait for him and got out of the car. He sighed and followed me. He reached to me and placed his hand on my lower back, giving me his signature smile.

After the waitress had brought our orders, she left, leaving me with the devilishly handsome man. Of course, after giving him a seductive smile. I gritted my teeth, annoyed. It seemed nothing had changed. Alejandro and his effect on women.

He took a sip from his coffee and entwined his hands on the table. He cleared his throat and looked into my eyes, his gaze intense.

"I am sorry." He finally spoke. I raised my eyebrow in a questioning expression. "When my father...died, my world collapsed. You know how close we were." He said as sadness crossed his features.

I bit my lower lip and nodded, giving him a compassionate look.

"I felt beside myself. I couldn't pull myself together for a long time." He admitted and ran his hand through his hair. "I hurt you so much." He added, looking into my eyes sadly and placed his hand on top of my hand on the table. I pulled my hand away quickly. He breathed deeply and gave me a sad look.

"It is the past. I don't want to talk about it anymore." I confessed sadly.

"Yes, it is the past now, but there is something which didn't pass. My feelings towards you didn't change." He declared without taking his eyes off me.

I looked at him in astonishment. I didn't expect to hear these words. He still loved me?! No, I didn't think so. It was unbelievable. If he loved me, we would talk about it a while ago, not now.

"I know you think why I didn't try to talk to you and express my feelings, but I hadn't had courage before. And after I have come back, I thought it would be better if I stayed away from you and thought I forgot you, but I was wrong. I still love you so much. My feelings towards you didn't change. I can't stay away from you anymore. Watching you afar like a stranger is unbearable." He confessed and held my hand, squeezing it tightly. When I pulled my hand away, he grabbed it tightly without releasing my hand. "Please, give me a chance. I love you so much. I promise you I will make you happy. I will not leave you again." He stated, giving me a begging look.

I breathed deeply and pulled my hand. This time, he released my hand. I bit my lower lip, looking down.

How many times did I dream to hear these words? Two freaking years! As my hopes disappeared, he returned and told me these words.

I breathed deeply and asked. "Then why did you tell that you didn't love anyone before her...Natalia?"

He looked at me, astonished without saying anything. I caught him off guard. He ran his hand through his hand and breathed deeply.

"I watched your interview." I added dryly as I folded my arms over my chest.

He cleared his throat, and a smirk appeared on his face.

"Don't give attention to that interview. I accepted it for my new project. It would promote it, but they told me they would ask me some personal questions as well. It was their concept. So I accepted. Of course, I would not tell them about all of my life." He said nonchalantly. "And we kept our relationship a secret. No one knew about it. What would you like me to tell? Would you like me to tell the world how much I loved you, but I was an idiot and couldn't keep you by my side? Huh, mi tesero?" He asked huskily and bit his lower lip seductively, looking into my eyes lustfully. "It would be a big fuss. The paparazzi would not leave us alone. It would affect my business as well. You know our companies..." He shrugged his shoulders and sighed.

"Yes, you try to destroy us." I commented bitterly.

"No, cariño. It is just a business. I don't do anything illegal, do I?" He asked nonchalantly.

I bit my lower lip and shook my head as I breathed deeply.

"See!" He grinned and held my hand. "Just give me a chance. I love you so much, mi tesero." He said, looking into my eyes.

"No. I cannot." I stated firmly as I pulled my hand away and stood up. "Bye, Alejandro." I added as I grabbed my bag and left without waiting for him to say anything.