k a i o n a h o k u ☾

Start from the beginning

"You're probably right." Alex responds with a grin before nodding to Rhyme, "You all set to head out now?"

"Sure just let me grab my shorts." Rhyme rolls off of the bed and begins digging through his bag.

Once everyone has left the room, Emerson sits at the end of the bed with a large sigh. His eyes glide over to the suitcase where his clothes lay askew inside. With a chuckle, he recalls Alex's comment on the resemblance his suitcase had to a "Lunchable."

In some strange way, the sight represents the freedom he's found being here. With a small smile, he grabs a hoodie, a t-shirt and a pair of white cotton shorts and heads to the bathroom. After a short shower, he walks out of the room and down the hall. He hasn't really explored the building so he decides that, out of pure boredom, he's going to check out what's down in the lobby.

Smiling, he finds a pool table in the middle of a common room, tables with chairs taking up the rest of the space along with a few vending machines. Reaching for a cue stick, he rubs the very top with a block of chalk before adjusting the balls inside the triangle.

He plays for a while on his own before he feels someone's eyes on him and he immediately looks to the doorway where Claire leans against the doorframe. "Mind if I join you?"

Focusing on the ball at the end of the stick, he strikes it, watching a striped ball roll slowly onto the left corner pocket. "No I don't mind."

She wordlessly chooses her own cue and leans against it as she stands behind him. Turning around to face her, she looks up at him with a smile. "I'll be solids?" He nods at her suggestion before stepping to the side and gesturing for her to take a turn.

Lining up her shot, she strikes the ball but it rolls weakly passed her desired ball and hits the side of the felt table with a quiet thud. "Ugh." She mumbles to herself before turning to him, "Don't start." She holds up a finger earning a chuckle from him as he raises his hands in surrender.

"I wasn't going to." He laughs, "I think that was...an amazing shot."

"Now you're just lying." Her brown eyes roll as she steps away.

Emerson takes his turn and almost without effort makes the shot before standing up straight. Claire follows suit, mimicking his form and doing her best to line up to cue with the white and solid ball but, again, she misses. "I can't believe we're leaving tomorrow. It almost feels like we live here now in some weird way." He attempts to make conversation.

"I think I could do without eating another continental breakfast for a while but, other than that, it's been a pretty great trip." She smiles, sitting down in a nearby chair.

Crossing his arms, Emerson leans against the side of the table. "It has. But I admit, I am ready to go home. Hawaii is cool and all but I miss my bed."

"I bet. Your bed is really comfortable." She smiles, "Don't forget that I'm the one who helped pick it out."

"Oh yeah." He grins, "You were, weren't you?"

"You're welcome. By the way..." She begins, standing up and setting her stick back on the stand before stopping in front of him, "I have something I want to show you."

He raises a brow, "Okay. Let's go then."

⃒ " love is not a feeling. love is a choice. love is a commitment. love is unconditional. "