n ā p ū p ū a m e k e o n e ☾

nā pūpū a me ke one - shells and sand

disclaimer: i have never been skydiving so i will not pretend to be an expert on the process. this is a fictional story and i wrote this chapter with the main focus being to entertain. if the facts are unrealistic, well good. who wants realistic stories anyway? okay let's go.

While Emerson was fully prepared to feel overwhelmingly nervous for his friends, anxious is not the first emotion he experiences

While Emerson was fully prepared to feel overwhelmingly nervous for his friends, anxious is not the first emotion he experiences. Instead, he feels an extreme annoyance and an itching sense of perturb.

It could very well be the way Alex keeps practically giggling with excitement and sighs into the mirror as he combs his hair. Or the way Claire keeps saying she's going to back out every five minutes before changing her mind again.

Or maybe the three alarms going off in his own room and the two others screaming from the conjoined room next door is what really set off the intruding aggravation.

But it's most likely the way Rosalind bursts through their hotel room door before Emerson can get a chance to stop Rhyme from letting her in. Her hands rub together excitedly as she smiles with alacrity.

"Who's ready to jump out of a plane?" She winks.

"It's too early for this." Emerson mumbles, shoving his face into the pillow as he rolls over reluctantly in the bed to take a good look at her. His face flattens further when he spots the grin on her clear face.

"Not a morning person?" She laughs, sitting on the end of the mattress as Alex looks between them and sets the comb down.

"I am. Just not at five in the morning." Emerson blinks at the bright light, his face red on the left side and his dark hair askew.

"He has a hard time with this thing called excitement." Isaac snickers, coming out of the bathroom tugging his shirt down as his blonde hair drips shower water.

Rosalind smiles softly, looking back at him with a small laugh. "I'm sure he would be if he were actually the one taking the risk."

"Those horribly feelings would be called nerves." Emerson deadpans.

Rosalind gives him the stink eye. "Well sometimes people confuse nerves with excitement because that's what they choose to call it."

"That makes no sense." He sighs, laying his head back down on the pillow, feeling uncomfortable with Rosalind sitting there watching him. He feels as if he can't get up because she's here and he slept without a shirt last night due to the unbearable temperature last night. Not to mention Alex's unwillingness to let him turn the air down.

"Get up, Frat Boy, we have things to do." Alex slaps his hand down on his leg, making him jump.

"No." He mumbles, rolling over her pulling the blanket tighter around himself. He wouldn't consider himself overly insecure yet something churns unsettlingly every time he senses her eyes on him.