k a p i k i n i k a ☾

ka pikinika - picnic

 Turns out, Rosalind's "chill day" idea before jumping out of a plane and risking everyone's lives tomorrow is actually pretty nice

Turns out, Rosalind's "chill day" idea before jumping out of a plane and risking everyone's lives tomorrow is actually pretty nice. The sun is shining, there's not a cloud in the sky, and the food isn't half bad either.

"Another strawberry?" Claire asks Emerson, holding it up for him, the tip covered in chocolate.

He holds up a hand before patting his stomach, "Nope, I'm good. I've already had one too many sandwiches."

She shrugs, "Suit yourself." Bringing the berry to her lips, she bites into it hungrily before giving him a satisfied smile. He chuckles, shaking his head.

"Rosalind makes a mean club sandwich, that's for sure." Rhyme speaks through a mouthful of bread, meat, cheese, and other assorted ingredients.

"I didn't mind watching her do it either." Alex shrugs, taking a swig of the Coca Cola in his can.

Rhyme laughs at this, his own eyes locking into Rosalind as she sits near the edge of the small cliff, long grass and wildflowers surrounding her. "Yeah Rosalind is great."

"Don't tell me you're in love with her too." Emerson smirks as she cracks open a can of lemonade.

His red headed friend gives him an unamused look, a splotch of mayonnaise on the corner of his lips as he swallows. "Please." He mumbles, "Rosalind is beautiful and all but she scares me."

"What?" Emerson laughs at him, watching as Rosalind covers her mouth, throwing her head back as Gwen tells a story with her hands flying dramatically, "Scary how?"

Rhyme pauses, thinking, while Alex watches him with a judgmental stare. "Scary in the way that she intimidates me. There's something she's hiding and it's unnerving yet dangerous. I don't know whether to love it or fear it." He sighs to himself, shaking his head.

Emerson and Alex exchange a glance. "You think she's hiding something?" Emerson asks lowly.

"Yeah right." Alex scoffs, leaning back on his hands as he looks out at the water below, "Rosalind is as innocent as they come. Trust me."

"It's not about being innocent." Rhyme shrugs, "I just think there's more to her than a traveling tour guide. How could she possibly afford the motorcycle and Jeep? Plus insurance?" He raises his brows before whistling lowly.

Emerson narrows his eyes, "What, so you think she's a thief? That's a little far fetched, don't you think?" He finds it hard to imagine Rosalind with her blonde hair tucked into a ski mask and willingly taking from others.