h o ʻ o h u i h u i ☾

hoʻohuihui - metamorphosis

 Emerson's first reaction to his very odd instructor's question is something he can't quite identify

Emerson's first reaction to his very odd instructor's question is something he can't quite identify. Something between nausea and fiery anger.

"Excuse me?" He asks calmly.

Alec watches him for half a second before shrugging and making a note on his beloved clipboard. For a brief moment, Emerson contemplates ripping the thing from his grasp and chucking it out of the nearest window.

"It was just a question. From what I can tell, she's a real catch."

"Who even says 'a real catch' anymore?" Is Emerson's only response, his words coming out with a sigh. He is very done with this conversation. How old is Alec anyway? He could be a young looking thirty year old for all he knows. "Don't you have any other questions for me besides inquiring about my friends' eligibility?"

Alec snickers a little, "Yes of course." He clears this throat, "What would you consider to be your greatest strength?"

Emerson blinks at this, feeling annoyed like he's being questioned by his kindergarten teacher. Either that or for a job interview. Either way there's not much difference.

"Uh..." He sighs, not feeling like putting in the effort to really consider it, "I guess it would be...my respect for others. For their wishes and opinions." He doesn't necessarily believe this but he also doesn't
feel like being here anymore. Alec's sunny disposition is really getting to him...and not in a good way.

"And do you feel that you express or show respect in most every day situations?" He asks him.

Emerson doesn't hesitate before saying, "Yes of course."

"Good good. And do you ever feel that some of your greatest strengths could ever be seen or used in your life as weaknesses?" Alec holds his pin against the paper, waiting for his reply and ready to jot it down.

"I guess so." He shrugs, "I think that it's usually that way for most people, don't you?"

"Yeah I do. Okay, next question." He sighs, "Since I was hired mainly to work within your group, I have some questions involving your friends and your response to certain subjects."

"Okay..."

"Who in your group would you most trust with a secret?"

"Like a personal secret or just a casual secret?" He tries to clarify.

"How many secrets are you keeping?" Alec jokes with a chuckle, "Let's just say it's a secret concerning someone else and you need to confide in one of your friends. Who would that be?"