Noble Lady Yuan repeatedly nodded upon hearing this, patting the back of her hand and promising: “Kong Shan, you are family. As long as you earnestly help your cousin, when he succeeds, the highest position in the inner palace will definitely come to you. Aunty can help support you right now. As long as that position is given to you, aunty can feel at ease. Nobody else will do. Your cousin Mo has always listened to me, thus there’s no need to worry.”

“What sort of thing is aunty saying?” Zhu Kong Shan quickly said: “Kong Shan just wants to help cousin and does not ask for any reciprocation! At home, concubine mother often tells Kong Shan about when she was young. she said that aunty did not mind that she was a younger sister born of a concubine and took very good care of her. There was even a time when concubine mother fell into the water, and it was aunty who pulled her out. For Kong Shan to be able to help out cousin Mo, this is something that should be done as a cousin. I really do not ask for anything.”

The more she spoke like this, the more Nobel Lady Yuan liked her, especially when she thought of that matter from when she was young. She could not help but sigh: “Thinking to back the situation in the manor at that time, that was the happiest time.” Although her treatment of her younger sister born from a concubine could not be considered very loving, she had indeed taken very good care of her. She really did not drift apart from her because that was a daughter of a concubine. She eventually entered the palace and grew up, understanding more of the world and understanding more about being born of the first wife and being born of a concubine, and finally began to gradually grow distant. But in any case, there was the Imperial Palace that could be used as a pretense, and they could not find any faults with that. Thinking about it now, it was fortunate that she had built up a good foundation, which allowed her to have her niece help her son. She had heard about Zhu Kong Shan’s situation in Peng Zhou. She was someone praised by the people as being a Bodhisattva, and her Mo’er was missing someone like this at his side.

“Aunty.” Zhu Kong Shan said: “Kong Shen came from Peng Zhou, and father specifically prepared some things to have Kong Shan give to aunty. Kong Shan brought them all into the palace today, but I feel as though those things, no matter how valuable, cannot compare to the things in the palace. Thus I made a decision for myself and added a bit more to them. They’re vegetables that Kong Shan went to pick myself before tying them in bundles to be dried. I want to let aunty try something fresh. The palace should have a small kitchen, right?”

“Good girl, you’ve really been considerate.” Noble Lady Yuan really liked this niece more and more, “The palace does indeed have everything, but it does not have the thing that you spoke of. In the past, I ate them at home. Over the past few decades, I have not tasted them again. I really have missed them. It’s just that your second aunt…” She waved her hand, “You’ll find out once you go to send your gifts. She has been confined to Jing Si Palace and cannot leave that palace. I can help by allowing you to visit, but it’s just to pay a visit. There’s no need to say too much. You are a smart person. There are some things that you should understand without needing me to say them.”

Zhu Kong Shan nodded and simply said: “Kong Shan will leave after sending the gifts to second aunt and definitely will not say anything more.” Of course, she understood. Both of these aunts had princes for sons; however, there was only one throne. She could help the eighth prince but would not be able to do anything for the sixth prince. Although it could not become enmity, they would no longer be able to get along. “Aside from preparing things for my two aunts, Kong Shan also brought a number of gifts. They’re not particularly valuable things, as they’re just some specialty products from Peng Zhou. They will just be left here with aunty. Aunty can send them to any place you wish. It’s not the gift but the thought that counts. Kong Shan feels that this sort of gift is better than gold or silver, and it does not give off the feeling of currying favor with them.”

Noble Lady Yuan nodded: “You’re right. The women in the palace have everything, but His Majesty does not come, which means that nothing matters. Giving them jewels will make them feel saddened. It would be better to give some food. Kong Shan really is considerate.”

The two really hit it off. Although they had never met before this, their blood relations existed. In addition to this, one had a scheme, and the other was smart. The atmosphere of this meeting was extremely harmonious. As they chatted, the conversation dove deeper and deeper into the main topic before Zhu Kong Shan suddenly said to Noble Lady Yuan: “Aunty, you are in the inner palace, and the master of the inner palace is the Empress. Since you are unable to find any openings with the Emperor, you need to pay attention to the Empress. While cousin Mo making plans of his own is important, you should think of a way to quickly return to the position of imperial concubine. The mother relying on the son for honor is one aspect, but the son also needs a mother’s support for things to go better…”