“It’s too much!” Huang Quan glared at the two in the carriage, angrily clenching her fists, but she also felt that the people in the capital were truly too lacking in character. It was just a few handfuls of copper coins. It was one thing for the beggars to fight over them, but why were the normal commoners also joining in the fight? “Too shameful!”

Feng Yu Heng, however, said: “You can’t blame the commoners for being shameful. Look, the people going to pick up the coins are normal people. From the clothes that they wear, it can be seen that a few copper coins are also very important to them. It’s not as those two maidservants have said. Even if the capital is entirely noble, the larger portion of the capital is made up of normal citizens. Just looking at the medicine that is given away by Hundred Herb Hall each month, it can be seen. Everyone has inherent weaknesses. If there is something to blame, the blame should lie in the throwing of copper coins succeeding in provoking their weaknesses.”

“Young Miss.” Wang Chuan thought quickly and smiled, saying: “Say, if this servant threw out a handful of gold pieces, would the two servants also get out of the carriage to fight for them?”

Before this thought could be realized, the driver suddenly began to act evil. Who knew if it was a result of being egged on by the two maidservants or if he had a bad character to begin with. Seeing a few beggars and citizens squatting on the ground to pick up the copper coins, he actually raised his horsewhip, causing the horses to neigh. Raising their front hooves, they were about to charge forward. At this time, the maidservants in the carriage were also shouting: “Right, right! Trample them to death! Trample them to death! Haha! This is too much fun!”

Feng Yu Heng could not bear to continue watching. Playing around with human lives? Playing around with the people in the streets was fine. After all, those people were willing to fight for that money, but now they were actually using horses to harm others. This was something that she could not ignore.

Moving her wrist, she held some silver tranquilizer needles between her fingers and prepared to throw them at the two horses. At this time, however, a female voice suddenly came from inside the carriage, angrily scolding: “Stop! What are you guys doing?”

The three people outside trembled upon hearing this. The driver quickly reined the horses in. The carriage swayed a few times but did not harm anyone up ahead. As for the people picking up copper coins, they had been startled and dodged out of the way, looking at the carriage in horror.

“This young miss just rested for a while, yet you two girls would actually cause this sort of a disturbance. Who gave you the courage to do it? What sort of place is the capital? Can it tolerate your impudence?”

The faces of the two servants paled with fear. Very quickly, a young miss in an orange dress and thin cloak came out of the carriage. She looked to be around 15 or 16 years of age. She had delicate facial features and had a tall frame. Although she could not be considered beautiful, she was elegant and had a comforting appearance.

She came out of the carriage and glared at the two servants and driver. She then looked at the citizens and beggars holding copper coins up ahead. She immediately understood what had happened, thus she began to shout: “You have played at this game in Peng Zhou, and you have already been punished for it. Why is it that you just can’t learn your lesson? Beggars are also people. No matter how poor the citizen, they are still citizens of Da Shun. You are merely servants of the manor. Just how much better is your own status compared to other citizens? Why haven’t you quickly gone down to apologize!”