Wednesday

Wednesday was simultaneously Jisung and Changbin's favourite day of the week. Jisung made that fact very clear but Changbin kept it to himself. Jisung loved Wednesday because it was the one day he allowed himself to wear pink, his favourite colour. He used to get a few glances for it at first because boys wearing pink wasn't a common thing in his school, not unless they were one of 'the plastics', but people grew used to it and eventually stopped caring.

Wednesday was Changbin's favourite day of the week for the same reason. Jisung got to wear pink. Most days Jisung would wear dark colours but he always came in looking extra adorable and cheerful on Wednesdays.

Today Jisung wore a pastel pink and white stripped t-shirt paired with light blue jeans and white converse. Changbin smiled as soon as he saw Jisung walking into the canteen. Changbin was glad to see a smile on Jisung's own face as he sat down opposite Changbin and Chan. "Hey," he greeted them.

"Hey," Changbin smiled back, covering him mouth with his hand to cover the involuntary grin that always took over his face when he saw Jisung so happy.

"You're wearing pink," Chan stated as if it wasn't obvious.

"Well it is Wednesday," Jisung nodded, unable to tell if Chan was judging him or not.

"You look cute."

Jisung hadn't expected that. "Oh, thank you," he blushed, suddenly unsure what to do with himself. He looked over at Changbin and noticed his grin had disappeared. Jisung wasn't sure but he couldn't swore he looked... jealous? That's when Jisung realised Changbin must like Chan. His smile also started to fade. He didn't know why though. It's not as if he liked Changbin, they were just friends. But if that was the case, why did he feel so jealous? Jisung pushed away the thoughts. It didn't matter anyway. Changbin liked Chan and that was that.

"What lesson do you guys have next?" Chan asked, oblivious to the mood changes he had caused around him.

"PE," the other two answered simultaneously.

"Oh, same!" Chan exclaimed, grinning at the two who gave him unenthusiastic half smiles in response.

"Great, I'll introduce you to the plastics," Jisung offered.

Chan missed Changbin's deep sigh and was glad Jisung offered to introduce him to some new people. He snapped him up on the offer while Changbin snapped death glares in his direction. "They aren't plastics-" Changbin tried to explain but was interrupted by Jisung's dramatic gasp.

"Changbin, you agreed with me that they were the male equivalent of the plastics and we were Janis and Damien! How dare you take that back," Jisung shook his head in disappointment, "does this mean anything to you?"

"No," Changbin said, earning him a punch on the arm from Jisung. Jisung wasn't even remotely strong though so it didn't hurt. "Weakling." Jisung punched him again and Changbin laughed at him, unfazed by Jisung's half-assed attempts to hurt him.

"I'm confused," Chan frowned.

"Jisung's a weirdo. You're going to get confused often if you hang out with him," Changbin explained.

"Hey!" Jisung flicked him on the forehead.

"Hey!" Changbin mimicked, flicking him back.

"Ow, Changbin. You hurt me," Jisung pouted as he finally gave up on punching Changbin and pressed a hand to his forehead.

"Aww, you really are a weakling," Changbin cooed, leaning forward and removing Jisung's hand from his forehead, "want me to kiss it better?"

"Fuck off," Jisung pushed him away and scrunched up his face, causing Changbin to burst out laughing and make Chan feel even more confused.

"Wait...are you two dating?"

Jisung and Changbin turned to stare at Chan for a moment before they burst out into a fit of laughter. "Dating? Me and Changbin?"

"Hell no! We're not dating!"

"That'd be ridiculous!"

Chan shrugged, "I don't know. You act like it with the way you fight and you'd be cute together. Maybe you should get together." He seemed to be joking but Changbin wasn't completely sure.

Somehow Chan expected them to act completely fine after telling them that. As if it didn't make Jisung and Changbin both question everything they thought about the other. "So, who are the plastics?" He asked but Changbin was too caught up on his previous statement to respond and Jisung had become a mess of stuttered incoherent words.

Of course Jisung had thought about dating Changbin. Changbin was his favourite person and he felt most comfortable around him, but there was no way Changbin would want to date him. Changbin had only dated men who work out too much and were too self centered for Jisung's liking. Jisung didn't fit that type at all. He hated all of Changbin's ex's because they didn't care about him like he did. But no. Liking Changbin would be an insane thought.

Changbin, on the other hand, was having a mental spiral. He'd denied it for the longest time but he'd been sure he liked Jisung since they first met when they were kids. He dated men the opposite to Jisung to try and deny it further but after breaking up with them, he knew he couldn't hide it from himself anymore. He liked Jisung, but that didn't mean he wanted Jisung to know. In fact, he never wanted Jisung to know and the fact Chan had just said something like that scared him. He hoped Jisung thought nothing of it but judging from the stuttering noises that were coming out of his mouth, that was not that case.

"They sound like great people!" Chan said sarcastically after not receiving any type of coherent sentence from the two of them, "I don't know why you both look so scared. I was only kidding."

Jisung awkwardly chuckled, "yeah, otherwise that would have been a crazy thing to say."

"Yeah, us dating? We wouldn't last a day!"

Chan shrugged, "whatever you say."

-

"So, who are the plastics?" Chan asked as he sat on the school field with Jisung. Changbin was a few feet away, actually participating in the football game they were meant to be apart of. Jisung gave the teacher a forged note to sit out and Chan didn't know he needed a PE kit though.

Jisung got visibility excited by the question, "they're teen royalty!" He started to explain, pointing in the direction of a long haired boy who was attempting a chase a butterfly and eventually tripping over, "that's Karen Smith, she's one of the dumbest girls you will ever meet."

Chan was visibly confused. "I know I'm not the best at Korean yet but... Don't you mean boy? And...Karen is a girls name?"

Jisung continued without explaining what he was on about to the poor Australian. "And that little one? That's Gretchen Wieners," he pointed to another boy. One who was definitely not little, in fact, he was taller than most of the seventeen year olds around him, "she's totally rich because her dad invented Toaster Strudel."

"Jisung, what the fuck are you talking about?" Chan frowned.

"Ignore him," Changbin interrupted as he approached the two during the football game's break, "he's lost his mind." He sat down on the ground next to a pouting Jisung who was unimpressed that his recital of Mean Girls had been interrupted. "Cheer up. You can find someone else to quote Mean Girls to another day and stop messing with Chan," Changbin grinned, moving his hands to the side of Jisung's face and pulling his lips up into a smile.

"I don't understand what is happening," Chan dropped his head into his hands, "Jisung really confuses me."

Changbin moved so he was sitting in the middle of Chan and Jisung, placing a hand on Chan's shoulder, "he confuses everyone except me."

"Hmm," Chan hummed, "I guess you're perfect for each other then."

-

Waddup. My sister told me the first two paragraphs of this chapter were boring. Thank you, sis. I'm not changing it because I can't be bothered and don't even know why I'm writing this in the first place so you've been forced to endure the boredom ig.

I also feel like I've worded some parts really weirdly, pls ignore...