18 ★ First date

Start from the beginning

     So I do it. I grab his rugged face between my hands and press my lips to his.

     Cedric's first reaction is to freeze, his mouth still firm. He growls for the second time tonight. My eyes are closed tight as I move against his lips, trying to activate them somehow. Activate they do. Before I know it, he's kissing me back.

     His warm tongue slides across my bottom lip. I grant it permission to enter. Once my mouth is open things go a bit faster, and I can tell we're getting carried away. We're in public for heaven's sake. I can't seem to conjure up any shyness about our PDA.

     The attraction is like an electric shock. It burns and sizzles through my body with such ferocity that it almost hurts, but it's addicting. I can't get enough. I press my body into his, leaning forward. I'm on the brink of falling off the bike, and if it weren't for his secure arms holding me in place, I would be in a puddle on the curb.

     He slows down the kiss, tempering the whirlwind storm. It comes down evenly until he pulls away. I'm out of breath, he's not. Of course he's not, he's in great shape. Can't say the same for myself. Working out and I don't get along.

     Those cherry red eyes shimmer in the darkness. Instead of his usual gentle gaze, I detect hunger. I can't be imagining that. I don't know why I'm so shocked, he just made out with me and I'm still not sure if he likes me or not. This is definitely an indicator I'm not the only one who feels this thing between us.

     "Well that was..." I start.

     "Perfect." Cedric finishes, an amazed grin tugging the corner of his lip upward. He won't stop staring down at me. "Why did you do that?"

     The question he poses doesn't make me feel ashamed or embarrassed. Cedric's kiss is leaving me empowered. I show him by smiling and straightening the collar of his jacket that I'm still clinging to.

     "Because, I'm wild." I decide, and he laughs. The sound of that husky chuckle sends a current up my spine.

     As I attempt to venture off the vehicle, I remember how far down the ground is, and wince when I can't seem to do it myself. This thing is tricky. Cedric's steady touch holds me in place.

     "Please, allow me before you crack your head open." He climbs off rather quickly, leaving me a bit bitter. He makes it look so easy.

     Professor Riley helps me off, his hands gripping my waist when he hauls me into the air and down again. I steady myself against his chest once my feet find purchase. I blow out a breath of relief, the air leaving my lungs forcing a puff of smoke in the chilly air.

     "Damn, I forgot you must be cold." His dark, arched brows pinch together. "Now I've cursed in front of you. Making a great impression, aren't I?"

      He actually cares what I think. This definitely isn't one sided.

     "Ouch, two strikes. That's gotta hurt." I muse. Rubbing my palms up and down my arms, I play up the whole cold thing. Gotta tease him when I can.

     Truth be told, I haven't been cold since the kiss we shared. His presence has kept me warm for the most part, but the wind is starting to get the best of me. My light sweater and flannel skirt aren't doing much to keep me protected.

     Cedric's angry expression evaporates as he plays along. That playful look he wears does something to me. Butterflies dance in my stomach.

     "Oh yeah? What happens when I reach three?" He asks smoothly in his deep baritone.

     "Haven't you seen baseball? It means you're out." I explain, and I realize my mistake when he questions me further.

     "Out of what?" My mouth opens, parting in confusion as I'm put on the spot. What am I supposed to say to that? What if I assumed this to be more than it is? Oh no. What have I done?