Chapter 9: Did you put your name in the goblet?

Start from the beginning

 "Sorry I was stacking the shelves in the back , what can I do for you?" He asked cheerfully as he rubbed the back of his neck a little sheepishly

"Sorry I was stacking the shelves in the back , what can I do for you?" He asked cheerfully as he rubbed the back of his neck a little sheepishly. Too cheerfully for Severus. "I need to buy an inhaler for my son and apparently this apothecary sells them? Honestly why am apothecary is selling muggle inventions I don't know , but do you have one?" Severus huffed. The migraine he'd had all day was getting even worse. The elvish male raised a perfect eyebrow as he watched Severus' face become as white as paper. "We do...." he drawled out a reply. He teleported in another puff of white smoke before returning. Severus coughed and fanned the smoke away from his face. "Do you have to travel like that all the time? Can't you walk?" He didn't mean to be so grouchy but he was tired and in pain. The snowy haired male looked a little disheartened. "Sorry...I run the shop alone , it's the only way I can keep up with all the customers. Um , here's the inhaler you requested sir." His demeanour had shifted. The peppy upbeat attitude had been replaced with a solemness. Severus felt a tiny bit guilty but he brushed it off. He forced out a thank you and took the inhaler. In the fraction of a second that their hands touched both felt sparks run through their spine and take their breath away. They stared at each other for a goof few minutes , breathless and in slight pain , but mostly stunned into silence. Severus was first to break their gaze as he turned on his heels , and stormed out of the Apothecary his cloak billowing behind him. Ryo sighed softly. "What in merlins name just happened...there's no way that guys my future mate...he hates me and he doesn't even know my name. He got so annoyed...like everyone else does..." a wave of dizziness washed over him and he fell to his knees grabbing hold of the counter for support. "Smoke travel is exhausting...but it's the only way to keep up with this...I was grand father was still here..." he whispered to himself resting his cheek on his arms as he dozed off like that.
__________________________________________________________________________________

Sebastian blinked opening his eyes slowly , everything was blurry and muffled , he vaguely registered a blurry figure in white who seemed to be trying to rouse a figure in black who was laid on the floor. He wished his eyes would focus so he could see who it was. He cooker even get his mouth to work for some reason. It was like he was frozen. Slowly his vision came into focus and his heart stopped. It was Madame pomfray desperately trying to wake up an unconscious Severus who had stumbled in just a few minutes ago before collapsing. When he didn't wake up by being shaken she resorted to using her wand. She uses a spell that created a small electric shock , mot enough to hurt anyone , but enough to shock them awake. She used it on Severus. He gasped and his eyes flew open. He coughed weakly as he forced himself into a sitting position. Neither of them had noticed that Sebastian had woken up. Poppy helped Severus to a chair. Which was when they finally noticed Sebastian was awake. "Seb...how long have you been awake..." Sebastian sniffled. "Are you sick? Why didn't you tell me?!" He yelled before bursting into tears. "I'm not sick...I'm just exhausted okay? I passed out from exhaustion that's all. Do not fret child..." Deep down Sebastian knew His dad was lying to him , but he chose to believe him anyway. Severus gave him a hug before giving him the inhaler. "Here. This will help with your breathing problems. Keep it on you at all times understood? Including Quidditch. Or at least have Draco hold onto it for you while your playing Quidditch." Sebastian giggled softly. "Yes Dad I knoooow. Stop worrying." Severus rolled his eyes. "You should know I never stop worrying about you. Now go back to sleep until dinner time. For some reason it's a mandatory dinner tonight , so you have to attend." He held Sebastian close before coaxing him into laying back down. Draco subconsciously latched onto Sebastian's waist nuzzling him. Sebastian eyes became dilated and he snuggled into Draco chests mewling and purring. He was even kneading and pawing at Draco's chest. His ears and tails popped out , but his horns stayed hidden. Severus smiled fondly and Madame Pomfray cooed and laughed. Sebastian's tail swished back and forth in content as he slept on Draco's chest , his ears twitched occasionally. Draco was making a deep crooning noise in the back of throat. The whole scene reminded Severus why life wasn't completely bad. There was some good left...

Dinner came too quickly for Severus. He wanted to stop and enjoy the peace of his son and sort of adopted his son sleeping soundly together , and not having to deal with the stress of a massive hall filled with noisy chattering students and nosy teachers who won't stop pestering him. He sighed as he woke the sleeping boys up. Sebastian rubbed his eyes with his sleeve while Draco stretched and yawned. They begrudgingly followed Severus to the dinner hall. Sebastian was trying not to fall asleep on the table. When the food appeared Sebastian's eyes lit up. There was a bowl of chilli fries with a note. "You've had a hard week , seen as you said you like these I got the house elves to make some for you , the last thing you need right now is your eating disorder making life harder for you. I love you Sebastian... - from Severus"
It seemed Severus had hesitated with the last part as I love you had been written and crossed out , before being written again. In the end Severus had decided that his son deserved to know he loved him , even if he didn't say it often. Sebastian sat and just ate the bowl of salt and chilli fries. "Are you just eating fries?" Blaise chuckled. Sebastian just nodded and kept eating his fries. "At least your eating something that isn't just sweets and cake...I'm proud of you kitten" Draco said warmly as he nuzzled Sebastian's neck. Seb went bright red at the nickname. Once everyone had finished eating , Dumble-dumb-as-a-door™️ got up and announced that the Goblet of fire would now announce the names of the champions chosen to participate in the triwizard tournament. The goblet roared to life with fluorescent blue flames and spat out the first piece of paper. "From Beuxbatons , Fleur Delacour!" Fleur smiled sweetly and curtsied as she was led to the other side of the hall. The goblet spat out the next slip of paper. "From Durmstrang , Viktor Krum!" Victor pumped his fists almost violently and Durmstrang erupted into loud cheers , that made Severus curse the gods under his breath. Viktor Joined Fleur on the other side of the Hall. The Goblet spat out a final piece of paper. "From hogwarts Cedric Diggory!" Cedric smiled while Hufflepuff screamed happily. Dumbledore started giving a long boring speech about honour and so on and so forth , until the goblet roared to life again , everyone turned to it bemused as it spat out a forth piece of paper. Dumbledore snatched it from the air and at first whispered it quietly. "Sebastian snape"
Then he read it again but louder. "Sebastian Snape!" His voice boomed out through the Great hall. Sebastian was frozen in shock. Dumbledore shouted his name again sounding even more angry and Sebastian flinched. Draco gently urged him to go up so he'd avoid Dumbledores wrath increasing. So with a deep shaky breath Severus stumbled to his feet and joined the other three champions as they were led to the back room of the great hall. The teachers flooded in and Dumbledore stormed across the room and pinned Sebastian to the wall , which vaguely reminded Sebastian of uncle Vernon causing him to whimper loudly , before Dumbledore suddenly remembered he was a teacher and asked , in a calmer tone. "Did you put your name in the Goblet?" "No sir" Sebastian answered. "Are you lying?" Dumbledore asked instantly. Severus growled. "I can assure you my son is not lying , nor did he put his name in Goblet , he did not ask a student to do it for him either. He does not wish to partake in this tournament." Barty crouch let out a stressed sigh. "Im afraid the boy has no choice in the matter. There is a Binding contract. If he does not go through with it he will meet a most untimely end." Sebastian sniffled hugging his dads chest. He was going to die if he didn't Enter a super dangerous contest he knew nothing about? A contest that would probably end up with him dying anyway. Severus held him close and sighed to himself. Would Sebastian ever be able to have a normal life and just leave his old life behind.....?
__________________________________________________________________________________
Words: 5338
A/n: okay I've never ever written that much in my life- wtf? How did I write this much? I keep doing. Really long chapters for this fanfic lol. I hope you enjoyed it , if you actually read all of it lmao. Do you like mr smexy elf? Are you excited for his backstory~ you'll have a chance to learn more about him in the next Ask a character special feature , after this first one. How will the school react to Sebastian being one of the champions? Who put his name in the goblet? It's a mystery~ goodbye kittens 🐱❤️💚🐱