you can't sleep

All you could hear was the sound of the ceiling fan whirring and Leigh-Anne softly breathing next to you.

It's a little after one am and you're still wide awake. You've been tossing and turning but no matter what you do you still can't seem to fall asleep.

You didn't want to wake up Leigh-Anne because she's been so busy lately with the girls and you know she's gotta be exhausted.

So you peeled the covers back and quietly got out of bed to go downstairs for some water, hoping that getting out of bed for even just a few minutes would help.

You stood at the counter and sipped on some water. Eventually, the glass was empty and you still didn't feel tired. You put our head on the cool countertop but jumped a moment later when a hand touched your back.

"Shh, it's only me. I'm sorry." She apologized for startling you and wrapped her arms around you. "Why aren't you in bed?" "I can't sleep." She nodded and kissed your head. "Why don't we go watch some tv hen?"

She led you to the living room and laid down on the couch with you. She reached for the remote and turned on Netflix. She began to rub your back softly with one hand and stroke your hair with the other. You put your head back on her shoulder and intently watched the episode of the office that was playing.

A few minutes went by and she began to quietly hum 'wings' in your ear. This, mixed with the other comforts she was bringing you, was enough to help you relax. You closed your eyes and felt her kiss the spot below your ear and then your cheek.

She looked to see that your eyes were closed so she grabbed the blanket from the back of the couch and draped it over the both of you. "Sweet dreams lovely. I love you so much." She whispered and kissed your forehead before she fell back asleep with you.