Chapter Seven

Amber's POV
~
I left the hospital at 3:00 am, when my mother forced me to leave. She told me I needed sleep. She told me I needed to eat. But, how can I do that without my best friend? How can I even live without her?
I know I could tell everyone about what happened, and I know I'd be treated differently. I'd be treated... nicer.
But I don't need that now.
I know she'd be treated differently too. Well, if she lives.
I kicked myself for saying that last part. When she lives, when she comes back to health, but uncertainty still filled my mind.
School is what I dreaded most. I didn't want to have to deal with the rude girls and immature boys that did this to my friend.
As I walked to my locker, I noticed Ruby looking at me oddly. I ignored it, though.
When I opened my locker, a bright pink sticky note fell onto the ground.
I picked it up and began to read:
Amber, i'm sorry I got mad at you at the party. I'm sorry for anything I ever did to you that hurt you inside. But Amber, I want you to know how much of a friend you are to me. How much I love you. And i'm sure you already know now that i'm dead. And i'm sorry for that too.
I began to feel sick.
She never meant to send me the text. She didn't want me to know.
Ruby looked at me again, then looked away.
I felt dizzy, and the hallway around me buzzing with people, suddenly blurred, and darkness seized my vision.

Ruby's POV
~
I watched Amber as she walked to her locker. She was acting strange, and so I decided to be nosy, like always, and keep watching her.
As I looked at her through my locker mirror, I noticed a pink sticky note fell out. I watched her read it, getting teary eyed. Then she fell.
I swirled around, and gasped.
People began to surround her, and I stood there, petrified.
Then I saw the pink sticky note rise into the air, and then fall. I quickly grabbed it then read it.
And i'm sure you already know now that i'm dead.
My chest tightened, and I felt awful.
No wonder Amber was acting strange.
No wonder some of my own friends turned on me.
No wonder she committed suicide.
I bullied her, and now she's dead.

~ Sorry for the short chapter guys! I felt this was a really important scene to hang you off on :) ~