Chapter 18 | A glimpse of the past

Recap ~
Anything for you

As Anika was travelling back to the hotel after having a heated conversation with her ex-boyfriend, she was lost in thoughts "When he cares for me, why did he leave me?!"

*****

That was the last day in college and everyone were sad about it. No one really wanted that day to end but they couldn't do anything about it.

No one can stop time running, can they?

"Anu I need to tell you something very important! Can we meet at our usual spot in college?" Shivaay asked carrying an ocean of emotions in his heart when Anika simply agreed without asking any questions.
"Great then, 5.00 p.m in the evening." saying he hugged her and was about to leave when she stopped him saying, "Shivaay even I need to tell you something!" to which he smiled nodding in acknowledgment.

Mid of the day, Shivaay didn't join his gang for lunch disappointing them.

"Yaar, Shivaay has no brains! Today is the last day in college and he is nowhere to be found." Mallika told irritated with the fact she stated.
"True, where is he? He disappeared or what?" Rudra asked when Om said, "He was telling today is really important for him and that he has to make it the best day in his life!"
"Is he in love or what?! Is he going to propose someone?" Gauri asked in excitement.

Anika wondered what it could be, what if he was really going to confess his feelings for her. She already decided to confess her feelings for him that day.

It was already half past five in the evening but Shivaay didn't turn up. Anika felt restless, her mind saying something and her heart expecting something else. Despite calling him a couple of times, she couldn't reach him making her feel even more impatient. Searching for her not so punctual boyfriend, she even reached the parking slot.

Much to her annoyance, it started raining heavily and she ran to a nearby shed to take shelter. That's when she saw a familiar car passing by and there was Shivaay inside. Calling out his name, she almost ran behind the car but not once did anything happen.

For one last time, his eyes met her's and he chose to avoid her.

*****

She opened her eyes as she reached the hotel. Over the whole of five years, she couldn't understand what happened that Shivaay didn't look back at her even once. She tried contacting him a million times but all her efforts were futile.

She was still in thoughts as she was walking in when she didn't notice water spilt on the floor. In seconds, she lost her grip and was about to fall when a strong pair of hands caught hold of her.

"Thanks!" Anika said still closing her eyes when she heard a familiar voice, "Anytime."
Adjusting their positions, Anika spoke up sounding surprised "Hey hi Shaurya!"
"Hi Anika!" greeted back Shaurya cheerfully.

They were still in talks when the blue eyed man, who just reached was irritated at the sight.

"Ms.Anika we need to leave." Shivaay interrupted the other two when she asked back, "But the plan was to leave tomorrow?!"
"It was but now we are leaving right away." he said not caring to greet Shaurya.

___

Days passed by and ShiTia's marriage preparations were speeding at an exponential rate.

While Anika never left a chance to remind Shivaay who she was, she resumed back to the wedding planner's role, doing her job sincerely.  Shivaay, on the other hand worked from the Oberoi mansion as per Dadi's request.

It was a casual Sunday evening, the day before May 27th. At her home, Anika was making some green tea for herself when she got a call from her boss. Not interested in picking up the calls, she avoided every single call irritating the person on the other side. A little later, she was watching TV when she heard a knock. Opening the door, she was surprised to see her boss standing right in front of her.

"Why didn't you pick my calls?!" He asked staring at her to which she answered least interested, "I was busy!"
"Busy with?!" He asked again, louder this time.
"You can assume anything." She said calmly.
"You have work. You should come right away to Oberoi mansion!" Shivaay commanded.
Laughing, Anika spoke sarcastically "I believe you know today is a Sunday!"
"Of course I know!" He said sternly.

"Okay then, bye sir. I will be reporting at 9.00 AM sharp tomorrow." Anika said and was about to close the door when he stopped her, "No."
"Dadi is really worried, please come to Oberoi mansion." He spoke again, softening his voice this time.

"Please please please" this word echoed in Anika's ears three times continuously.

"Till now he was showing attitude and now he is requesting. What should I understand out of this?" thought Anika.

In minutes, she left to the Oberoi mansion without any more arguments. Reaching the mansion, she left directly to Dadi's room and it was super late by the time she finished her work. She was asked to stay back and she definitely couldn't deny Dadi's request.

As Anika was busy chatting with Sid in his room, they heard a familiar voice.
"Go sleep!" Shivaay said looking at Anika as he entered the room.
"It's my sleep, my wish. I will sleep whenever I want!" said Anika looking at Sid.
"I think someone else said that to you Anu!" Sid said bewildered by her act.

"Go sleep Sid. You can't stay up this late! It's not good for your health." Shivaay said trying to avoid Anika.
"Shivaay, from when did you start caring so much for me?!" Sid asked back realizing he was indirectly being used for a conversation.

"Sid, if you are not turning off your lights and sleeping right away I will complain to Vrindha bua." Shivaay threatened.
"Complain man! Whom are you threatening? I'm not scared of mom." replied Sid trying to sound bold.

"Fine, but remember there are some secrets between you and me. I can open up any one of them to bua." Shivaay said calmly.
"Sorry Anu, sleep soon." Sid whispered in her ears before jumping on his bed and tightly shutting his eyes out of fear.

"Sid?!" Anika called out to him but no answer.
"Keep threatening people, what else can I expect from you!" huffing in anger she left the room.

The clock struck ten minutes to twelve, and Anika was in her room unable to sleep. It's difficult for one to sleep in a new place, especially in her ex-boyfriend's house.

She was still rolling on the bed when suddenly there was a power cut and everything in the room blacked out.

_______________________________________

To be continued <3