Chapter One

My life was suddenly turned upside down without a moment's notice all because of a simple book that I happened to have to read for one of my classes. The teacher happens to think it was an extremely well-written book and very educational so she decided that we should have to read it well and write a report on the book in the form of an essay. Not that I've ever minded having read certain books for any of my classes but I might have if I knew this book was gonna mess me up this bad. You see growing up I use to always love reading as a form of comfort and to escape my blissfully boring life. Even though I know for a fact that my parents have always loved me and I grew up in an extremely loving and happy home, but for some reason, I've always felt like there is something more out there for me. 

But this one book is what has somehow managed to change everything about the moment I picked it up and began reading it. At first, it was just your typical fantasy novel about a world where magic does exist as well as dragons and all that mixed in with the fact that anyone can find one's soul mate just by touching one another. And once you finally find your soul mate there is a magical bond that can't be broken nor destroyed for the bond is eternal as you are destined to love and cherish one another forever. They were made for you as well as you were made for them but it is quite common for people to not find one's soul mate due to the fact that they could be living anywhere in the world let alone you don't know when they were born or if they might have perished due to something unseen happening to them. 

But then the book took a turn for the worse when it went through the backstory of how the villain of the story became the villain that is known for doing some pretty horrific murders. When I read that I began to start weeping uncontrollably. Even at a young age, he went through so much only to keep going through so much more horrible torture it's no wonder he became the villain he is. 

You see when he was just a young boy he was a happy little boy who also happened to be born into a very happy and loving home. His mother just adored him from the moment he was born and tried to give him everything he ever wanted. His father adored both his mother and him enjoying every moment he had with them which is why he always worked so hard to provide for his beloved family. But all of that changed one day creating an all-new meaning of the word hell on earth for him. One day his world was changed for the worse when he was out playing ball with some of the neighborhood kids when a huge fire broke out destroying his childhood home completely. But that's not all the fire ended up taking everything he loved away from him. As that day was the start of his very sad and terrible life causing him to become the villain he was meant to become. 

Shortly after he got there a group of people were already surrounding his house muttering to each other and as soon as he arrived there and saw it he started running towards the wreckage of his childhood home. As soon as he made it to the center of the wreckage that would have been the living room he clasped to his knees "No this can't be happening." He whispered to himself them he looked up and saw his mom's best friend "Where's is she? What happened to my mother?" She looked away from him unable to be the one to tell him the truth but that was all he needed to confirm his suspicion. "No this can't be happening." She came over to him and hugged him "I am so sorry but she didn't make it out in enough time." He looked over her shoulder and saw a white sheet that appeared to have something underneath it. He stood up and walked towards it praying to the Gods it's not his mother underneath there and as he was walking everyone proceeded to move out of his way to allow him to see it for himself and have some closure. He then proceeded to lift the white sheet only to fall to his knees once again in realization because underneath that sheet was his lifeless mother just laying there with burns covering her whole body including her very pronounced belly. So he just sat there on the ground crying and screaming for his mommy as he wrapped his arms around himself and crying because he will never be the big brother he always wanted to be now that his mother and unborn sibling were both killed in the fire.