John x Reader - Hidden Love

Start from the beginning

Before you knew it a lasso was flung around your body and your arms were pinned against your sides. You dropped to the ground and heard the man who caught you laughing. He walked up to you and hogtied you before lifting you up and taking you back to what seemed to be their leader.

You were dropped to the floor with an oof and glared at the leader as he bent down, his face mere inches from your own. 

"You didn't actually think you could get away from us, did you?" He smirked.

You spit in his face and thrashed, kicking your laundry basket over, trying to break free. The men just laughed and pretty soon, you were hoisted up onto the back of a horse. You cursed as it was spurred on and started your uncomfortable treck into the unknown.

- - - -

"Has anyone seen Y/N?" Arthur yelled through camp. You had been gone for a few hours now and it started to worry him. John's head shot up when he heard your name. He saw the worry in Arthur's eyes and tried his very best to hide his own. You had been gone too long for his liking. You should have been back by now, so the question made him turn all his attention to Arthur.

"I believe she went down to the river to wash clothes. She has been gone a while." Tilly said, while pointing in the direction of the river. 

"Thanks Tilly." Arthur said as he started walking towards the river.

John quickly stood up and walked next to Arthur. "Let me join you, something feels off here." He mumbled and Arthur nodded.

The two men carefully went downhill and towards the river.

"Y/N!?" Arthur yelled.

"Y/N?" John shouted as he walked past the riverbed. He was about to shout again when his eye caught something hidden behind a bush. "Oh shit." John uttered as he ran towards the knocked over basket. "Arthur! Over here!"

Arthur ran towards John and saw him kneeling next to the basket. At his own feet lay the bucket you threw and he frowned. "There are a lot of horse tracks here." John said, worry laced in his voice.

Arthur followed John's gaze and saw the many horse prints as he bent down to study them. "Goddamn, she must have been taken." Arthur said after a bit and stood back up.

John looked at him and saw the anger in Arthur's face. His own blood boiled at the thought of you being kidnapped. He wanted to yell and race to you to free you from these bastards, but knew he couldn't give your relationship away. So he just stood up as calm as he could and looked at Arthur. 

"Let's go get the gang and get her back." His voiced was strained from the contained anger but Arthur didn't seem to notice.

Arthur nodded and the two men jogged back up the hill towards camp.

- - - -

Arthur, John, Javier, Charles and Sadie all rode out of camp on order of Dutch. Everyone was chocked to hear of your kidnapping and rage built up. Dutch was able to calm everyone down and send the five of them on their way to rescue you.

The five of them rode out in pairs with Charles up front to read the tracks. After a while Charles slowed down and pointed towards some tracks.

"More of them joined here, looks like a lot. We should be careful."

"Let's just get her back!" Sadie shouted from the back of the group and they all spurred their horses again.