John x Reader - Hidden Love

Word Count: 2633

Requested By: -mcmahon

John had you pressed up against a tree, a smirk tugging on his face as he teased you. The two of you stood a little ways away from camp, hidden from any prying eyes.

You and John had been dating for a few months now, but never told anyone in the camp. You were afraid they wouldn't take it too well. Especially Arthur, your older brother. So you had decided to keep it a secret, for now.

"John, we're too close to camp, someone could see us." You giggled.

"You know me, I'm as stealthy as they come." He smirked and locked his lips with yours in a passionate kiss. His hands slid to your waist and you put one hand on the back of his neck to pull him closer as you deepened the kiss.

Suddenly, a voice interrupted the two of you. "Hey John!" Arthur's gruff voice rang out and you immediately let go of each other. You made yourself as small as possible behind the tree, hoping he wouldn't see you.

John hesitantly poked his head out from the tree. "Uuh, what is it Arthur?" He said meekly. 

"Have you seen Y/N? I need to ask her something." 

John cleared his throat. "No, I haven't seen her." 

Arthur nodded in thought and turned to go away before turning back around. "Whachu' doin' out here anyways?" 

You saw John swallow past the lump in his throat. "I'm, uuh, relieving myself." He said as a blush crept up his face.

"Oh, sorry for interrupting. Thanks anyways." Arthur quickly turned around and walked back into camp.

You put your hand in front of your face and snorted while trying to contain your laughter, doing your utmost to stay as quiet as possible.

"Good grief that was close." John turned back to you and looked at you with a raised eyebrow. "And what are you laughing about?"

"Nothing, nothing, I'm just relieving myself." You said, grinning widely.

John looked at you teasingly. "Why you little-" 

Before he could do anything, you ran away and out of reach, laughing as you picked up the laundry basket and sped off down to the river. 

John chuckled to himself before casually walking back to camp.

- - - -

You spent all afternoon washing the clothes by the river, the sun, unforgiving as you worked, caused you to sweat. You wiped your brow when suddenly, you heard several horses approaching you. You looked up and saw three men on horseback, casually walking their horses over to you.

"Can I help you?" You asked. Eyeing them suspiciously. 

"Are you Y/N Morgan?" The man closest to you asked.

"What's it to you?" You asked. The men were far too close for comfort and you didn't like the way they were looking at you. Like you were prey.

"We have a bounty here for your arrest. On account of robbing, murder and assault." 

Your eyes got bigger as the man said that. You knew you had a bounty thanks to running with the boys when they needed you, but you didn't think they would ever come after you. "I can assure you, you have the wrong woman. I never did any of those things." A lump formed in your throat as you tried to bluff your way out of the situation.

"Oh no, I think you definitely did those things." The man closest to you said before turning to the fellow behind him. "Grab her."

Your reflexes kicked in and you threw the bucket filled with soap to the men. They cursed as you turned and ran as fast as you could. There were shuffles behind you but you didn't look back. Not even when you heard the sound of horse hooves rapidly approaching.