|Chapter Thirteen|

Tak. Tak. Tak.

Dani continued to hit the nail with the claw hammer. He was fixing the roof of the tree house that got a little out of place after last night's storm. The sound of the nail drilling inside the wooden roof echoed through the forest, and I kept admiring the way his hair fell over his one eye, his furrowed eyebrows focused on the nail where he was hitting. He was dressed in his black sweatpants and grey full sleeved sweater, looking like he just woke up.

He extended his hand; I handed him the remaining two nails to him asking, "So, this is your treehouse?"

"Well yes, but Drew and I built it together", he said placing the last nail and pinning it down firmly. He gave the hammer to me before jumping off from the roof to the balcony I was standing at, landing flat on his butt with a "oww" infront of me. I tried to hide the smile looking away. He stood up rubbing his bottom. "You? What are you doing here?", he pointed at me.

"I.. I was only taking a walk and I found this place", I lied. Terribly. Than I remember he already knew about my visits to the treehouse. That stalker.

"You have nice walking spots..", he said, there was this mockery tone in his voice.

I cleared my throat, "You guys made quite an effort to make it." I truly did admire the place. Although it was no longer the same, but a better and developed version of it.

"Oh no, it was only the house we made together. Later, after Drew..", he stopped abruptly as if he was about to say something he wasn't supposed to. "Tyler and Cain helped me with adding the balcony and the stairs." No wonder it looks fancier than before.

"I could tell."

"Hang in there", he suddenly said; I froze. He lifted his right hand and pulled something out of my hair, before he held out his hand to show me. A dazzling white powder. Before I could say a word, another one fell on his nose confirming my doubt. We both looked up as the snow started to float down so slowly, elegantly upon us. It fell on my cheeks, the coldness slipping through the pores yet I enjoyed the softness of its fall. Dani looked down at me, his black hair covered with the drops of snow, eyes lighting up and his lips stretched up in the most beautiful smile I had ever seen. It immediately warmed my heart. As a foreign feeling kicked in and adrenaline rushed to my cheeks, I stepped away from him shaking my head a little to snap out of the daze I was in few seconds ago.

"Come inside", he beckoned me with his index before heading in first. I pulled out my phone to check the time. 7:13 am. There was still time for the library to open. So I followed him in and the view inside shocked me even more than before. The three walls were painted in all shade of color with writings like, "You're a Downfall. Learn to fly. Make me want you. There is no light without the darkness." And in big block letters in the ceiling wall was written, "LILACS SUCK!" But the background was painted with lilacs, in faded purple shade. This was true street art in a treehouse. "Impressed? I could say why not?", he asked cockily grinning.

"Not bad, but why is that wall not painted?", I pointed the the one without any window or door which was probably the best one to spray paint on.

"I'm working on a canvas to put here in the middle", he said tracing the wall with his hand. I looked around the place trying to take in all of it as I can like a memory, my eyes narrowed on something near the window. I walked to have a closer look. I found a poem in the chaos of all colors blending one with the other. Slowly, trying to figure out the words I read it out loud.

FOREVER?जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें