Chapter 19

A/N the rest of the chapters go back to Sam's POV

I'm trapped. My thoughts are like shackles and every time I try to break them they get tighter and tighter. The darkness is pitch black and wraps its arms around me in a cruel embrace. It won't let me go, just tightens its grip until I'm struggling to breathe. Whispering voices and shrill screams penetrate my ears, getting louder and louder the more I try to block them out. Pain, soul crushing pain hits me and I'm sinking beneath the waves, the darkness pulling me deeper and the voices swirling around me like a whirlpool, removing all hope of escape.
Remember what you did. You don't deserve to be happy. You don't deserve to love or be loved.
Not true, not true. I still have Alex, Catherine, Jacob and so many others.
You still believe they'll want you after they find out what you did? You think Alex will want a sister who killed his mother? You think Catherine will be okay knowing that her best friend is a murderer? Don't be stupid. You can't even forgive yourself and you're hoping they'll forgive you? Never gonna happen. You should do everyone a favour and remove yourself from their lives. You're just extra baggage that no one wants to carry around. They'll eventually leave you anyway, so why not save them the trouble and go. Also you want peace right? Well this is the only way you'll find it.
Okay fine. I'll go. My time is up anyway.