Chapter 15 part 1

"Stop pacing around or you're gonna fall and crash your head."

Jacob has been trying to calm me down for the past twenty minutes and it's not working. I'm panicking and my nerves are in overdrive and my heart is racing. Sam is out there by herself and there's a psycho after her. I know she can take care of herself but she's been attacked twice and it could happen again.

"Seriously bro. Stop it. I know you're worried but panicking won't help. You need to think calmly and rationally. Where could she have gone?"

"Nowhere obvious that's for sure." I stop pacing and force myself to calm down. "She could have gone anywhere. She either found a job and a place to stay or is living on some random street."

"If that was the case the police would have more clues on her whereabouts because people would have seen her."

"What if she changed her appearance so no one recognises her? What if she changed her name and identity?"

"Maybe but it's only been a week. And I'm sure she would spend money on food rather than hair dye and contacts."

And now, the question that has been bugging me the most. "What if she doesn't want to be found? What if she's left forever?"

There's no panic in me now. Just pain. I'm trying so hard not to cry but the tears come out anyway.

"Hey man." He sits next to me and puts a hand on my shoulder. "Don't think like that, okay? Sam needs you just as much as you need her. She'll come back. Trust me."

I turn to face him. "You sure?"

"One hundred percent."

I think he can still see doubt on my face because he pulls me in for a hug and says, "She'll come back. I'll make sure she does."

"I know you will, Jake. You always do." I hug him back.

****

I need answers. Two days have passed and apart from figuring out who CRMG is, I'm still as clueless as ever. The list doesn't reveal anything more. It just gives me more things to be clueless about. I read the letter again but it doesn't reveal anything either. It just says, 'If you want to know anything else read my diary.'

Wait. That's it. How much of an idiot can I be? All the answers are in her diary. I've never wanted to read it before but now I have no choice. I take it out of my bag and flick through the pages, trying to find the one dated to her fifteenth birthday. She's written so much in here but I'm only going to read the entries that are useful to me.

I notice something brown on one of the pages. As I look closer I realise it's dried blood. I look at the date at the top of the page. Wednesday 09/12/15

I shouldn't be reading this but curiosity wins. I shut the door then sit on the floor. Then I begin reading.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note

The  next few chapters will be excerpts from Sam's diary. So everyone buckle up cuz this will be a crazy rollercoaster, if you're like me and don't like speed then maybe bring a few sick bags too.

- Mohsina