Prologue

A/N the following chapters are in Sam's POV

Thursday 17/12/15

Who knew my fifteenth birthday would be the worst day of my life? My dad left us the week before. Mum was in a state of shock. My little brother asked and asked about Dad coming home. And me?

Well, I'm angry Dad left us like this. Left Mum in a state of shock. Left ME to care for the family. I can't take this anymore. And I definitely couldn't four hours ago when Mum drove me insane. Far too insane. So insane that I didn't realise what I was doing until it was too late. So what really happened? Well...

It happened too fast. The knife. The chair. The rope. Mum and me alone. Mum being murdered. Me killing her.

I guess you could call it manslaughter because I slit her throat. But that's not what it was.

You should've seen Mum before she died. She wanted to die. She had to die. She had gotten the knife herself, ready to end her own life. I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time, but I could say it was the right time too. I gave Mum a helping hand. I ended her life for her. It was a simple but unpleasant favour.

Luckily for me, Mum always went out at night. Therefore Alex asked nothing about her. I didn't have to lie. I didn't have to say anything. I pretended everything was normal, just another normal day.

What about the police? What if they find evidence? What if Alex finds something suspicious? Don't worry about that. I've got it all covered. The blood? I washed and scrubbed every drip of it. Mum's body? I'll get rid of it. The weapon? Washed and dried hidden in the kitchen. Fingerprints? Not necessary so long as the weapon isn't found. The story for the public? Well I don't need to tell them anything. Why would they suspect a fifteen-year-old anyway?

So that's my little secret. My dark secret. No one knows about it except me. And it will always be only me who knows. My mum died today. I killed her today.

I started my new life. My life as a girl with a dark secret. My life as a killer in hiding. My new life for eternity.