Viktor rolls his eyes and pushes my hand away. "That was over 30 years ago, the old brute is over it by now. But onto more pressing matters, Misha."

The mere mention of my little brother sends an unexplainable rage through me. Misha and I were always so close, with 2 years between us we were like twins. Double trouble. But as adults we became rivals, while Viktor and Ivan were both bosses, Misha and I were desperate to prove who was better.

But now. Now he has overstepped. He crossed a line no one should ever cross.

He spoke to her.
He touched her.
He snuck around and met her with no one knowing.
He was so close to her, he could've done anything to her.

Misha should know better, I was never too good about sharing my toys with him. And I know he's out for revenge, but I will not allow him the satisfaction of defeating me, he wants to bring me and our entire family down. He's been plotting for the last 5 years, I had nothing for him to take from me. Until now.

"Brother, are you listening?"

I shake myself out of my thoughts.

"Yes. Back to Misha"

"Nadei. I need to ask you, Ivan has met the girl and seen you two but I have not." Viktor runs his fingers through, memories are rushing back to him. He's concerned and so am I, but I will protect my family even if that makes my own family the enemy.

"Are you sure about her? Misha, regardless of what he's done he is our brother" Viktor opens my last desk drawer pulling out two whiskey glasses and a bottle I keep hidden. Fuck him.

Am I sure? Am I sure? Fuck I don't know how to answer that. Misha will always be my baby brother. But he already dishonored our family once, he tore us apart.

"I-" but before I can react my office door opens and the sweet smell of vanilla fills my lungs. My brother Viktor closely watching me and my reaction as I take in her scent completely.

"Nadei" her soft voice whispers my name and my heart skips a beat.

"Moya printsessa" I take a sip of my whiskey and smile as I turn around. Her sweet amber eyes are looking down to the floor, she's fidgeting with her fingers. Somethings wrong. I place my drink down and reach out for her, she places her delicate hand in mine and I pull her into my chest. She practically throws herself into my arms, I wrap my arms around her trying to calm her nerves.

"What is wrong my love?" She doesn't respond but nuzzles her face deeper into my chest. I stroke her hair as her body finally relaxes against mine.

"I just needed to feel you for a second. Can you say it please?" I sweetly kiss her hair before cupping her face in my large hands.

"I love you. You are mine, I am yours. Nothing will ever take you away from me, in my arms is where you belong." Her sweet amber eyes smile, she has so many questions running through her head. Something upset her, I look up at Nikolai smoking in the hall. He said something to her, he makes her question me and us. I can tell by the way he's refusing eye contact and the fact he's lighting a fucking cigarette inside my office.

I can feel the rage building up in me again and I unknowingly squeeze her face tighter. She places her hands over mine, her touch instantly brings me back to her. Her thumbs slowly stroke my hand, she gives me a reassuring smile. She knows what I'm thinking, she knows I'm ready to grab Nikolai by his throat for upsetting her.