Prologue.

When will this nightmare be over ?!

***********************************************************************

I waited impantiently for somebody to come back. I was sat on a chair, fidgeting with my fingers.

It's been six months since my last appointment. I was so nervous, my hands were even shaking.

I was startled by a knock on the door.

“Alright Violet, I have your results here.” – Dr. Harmon or as I call her Stella, sat in front of me. – “Let’s take a look shall we?” – I nodded.

My palms were sweaty, my head was starting to spin as she flipped through the folder.

"What is it, Stella?"

She put the folder down and crossed her arms over the desk. - "I have no idea how to tell you this..."

"Well, you can cut the bullshit and tell me the truth. It's better."

"Yes, yes I know." - She nodded. - "But I'm not so sure how you will take the news."

"Come on Stella ! I've dealt with this already ! I fought against this cancer and I won ! Nothing scares me anymore. Tell me." - I was losing my patience.

"Alright, alright." - She raised her hands. - "It's been five years since you beat the cancer. Have you had any pain or nausea ?"

I raised an eyebrow. - "No. Why do you ask?"

"Well, that is good. But-"

"But ?"

"You're pregnant."

"What ?!" - My jaw dropped.

"Eight weeks. It showed on the results."

"That can't be. Ryan and I have been careful !"

"Apparently, not that careful." - She shook her head. - "But there is something else."

I sighed. - "What?"

"I don't want to alarm you but these results aren't what I expected."

My heart stopped.

"Tell me, is it back?" - I closed my eyes.

"I'm not sure, so I want to schedule a biopsy. That will show me everything and I'll be certain of what it is."

"Alright. But, Stella... If it's back, will it harm the baby?" - I put a hand over my belly.

"Let's not rush anything. You just found out you're pregnant, isn't that a good thing?"

"Yes, but- I mean it is. I'm just not so sure how I will handle it if the cancer is back..." - I fidgeted with my fingers.

"For now, enjoy the moment. When the biopsy results come, you can worry. Or not. It depends on the results." - She smiled. - "You have big news to tell Ryan tonight !"

"I do." - I smiled widely. - "I'm still a bit shocked."

"That's totally normal." - She chuckled. - "Shall we see how the baby is doing?"

"Sure."

*************************************************************************

(A/N: Really excited for you guys to start reading this story !! It's completely different from what I am used to writing, but nonetheless I am freaking out !  Tell me your thoughts so far, it might be a bit early but I'd really like to know what you think pleaseeeee :D No goals this time, this is a Christmas fanfic and I will upload it twice a week. Today is Monday, so I'll update on Friday. Yeap, every Monday and Friday. See you then !!! .xx)