F O U R

Chapter Four : It's Called Murder House For a Reason

A MONTH AND TWO WEEKS LATER

    It was September now, school had begun for the girls who ended up going to the same high school just one grade apart; Emaline's a junior whilst Ariana is a senior. Ariana being the social butterfly she is ended up having a lot of friends and practically owning the school all over again, Emaline, of course, wasn't in that kind of regard. No, she was more to herself, she did make friends; at least five of them actually. They were nice, not really outcasts but more of in the middle social status of high school. The first friend she met was a girl named Anna, she was nice and in the same art class as her.

    Renee and Jackson had been trying for a baby throughout this time, no such luck so far but hopefully they'll get lucky soon. Jackson was doing well with his job, the patients he had liked him and wanted to see him often, plus he is the kind of therapist who tries to help everyone even if you don't have the money at the moment for it so he tries to take different kinds of insurances and sliding scale fees. It helps a lot of people out which he really enjoys doing as he cares about people. Renee had ended up having little lunches now and then with Vivian, they mostly do it at the Gilbert house, Vivian usually can't go out for one reason or another which Renee is fine with for now. The Gilbert family has finally really begun to see LA as a town they can live and have a home in.

    Even Ariana began to see the bright side in LA, except she still really doesn't like the house all that much, but it's whatever. She does talk to Travis sometimes and contemplates telling her dad or mom or someone about him being in their basement but the more she asks why he's in there it seems as if he just doesn't have anywhere to go and she can't really bring herself to ruin the one roof he has over his head. And as for Emaline, she hadn't seen Tate since that day and honestly, a part of her still missed his company but now that she has friends it's not as hard because she's not lonely.

    "Ariana," the redhead looked up to her dad, he was trying to make a candle for Renee's birthday that was in a week, "can you go get me the wax? It's in the basement."

    Ariana groaned a bit as she got up, she didn't much want to talk to Travis today but hey whatever, she walked to the basement door as she went down the stairs. 

    As she grabbed the wax off the shelf suddenly someone grabbed her shoulders yelling, "boo!"

    She jumped as she turned to Travis, "oh screw you, Travis."

    "Screw me?" He laughed, "in your dreams, babe," she rolled her eyes, "so..." He noticed the wax in her hand, "daddy sending you to fetch his goods?"

    "Do you ever shut up?" 

     "Well, you could always make me."

    Ariana looked at him as she gave him a look, "remember I'm the reason you can still live in this basement."