O N E

Chapter One : Neighbors

     Jackson Gilbert sat in his office, this house had a perfect office for his job as he began to see patients, one of his first was a teenager around his daughter's ages. A boy named Tate, he seemed to have a list of problems that he truly needs help with.

     The boy sat across from him, he had curly sandy blonde hair and dark doe brown eyes, he wore a yellow sweater and seemed a bit nervous to see him. 

     "Well, Tate, why don't you tell me what's going on with you?" Jackson asked as he leaned back in his chair.

     Tate looked at him, "well..." He looked down at his hands uncertain, "I'm fucked up, I'm literally the worst person ever-"

     "I don't believe that," Jackson interrupted, "I'm sorry but I really don't, Tate, no one is irredeemable," the boy just shifted in his chair, "your mother mentioned the fantasies you have, why don't you tell me about them?"

    "It's always the same, it starts the same way," he told him, "I prepare for the noble war, I'm calm, I know the secret, I know what's coming, and I know no one can stop me," he glanced down, "including myself."

    "Why do you think that?" Jackson questioned, "is it like you aren't you at that moment or that you just don't believe that you can choose differently?"

     Tate shook his head, "I... I don't... I don't feel like I'm the one doing it," he told him, "but I know it is, it's not- ah, I don't know I just know what happens always. How it ends..." He bit his lip thinking about it.

    "Do you target the people who hurt you? Bully you?" 

    "I kill people I like... Some of them beg for their life, I don't feel sad. I don't feel anything," Jackson wrote down something as the boy continued, "it's a filthy world we live in, it's a filthy goddamn helpless world- I know I'm not any better than anyone else, I know something's wrong with me now."

    "Now?" He tilted his head, "were you unaware before? What changed?"

    "I had a girlfriend," he said his voice quiet, "but she didn't want to be with someone like me and now she hates me..."

     "Relationships are a hard go," Jack said, "it took me a while to find the right person, you will too, someone who will love you for you."

    Tate smiled tightly, "I'd like to believe you."

     "We'll work on it," he smiled, "okay, that's it for today, your mother already scheduled your next appointment, I'll see you then, Tate."

     Renee put away her glass bowls that were still packed as she did so someone knocked on the door, the red-haired woman walked over as she opened it to see an older woman standing there.

    "Hello, can I help you?" the mother asked.

    "My name is Moira O'Hara," Moira introduced, "I'm a maid who has worked for many families in this very house."