Chapter 9: Difficult Choices

Cornelia sprinted towards her car, hands shaking as she clumsily searched for the keys inside her bag. Frustrated at the fact that she couldn't find them, the girl gave out a sobbing whine and looked behind her in a frenzy, worried that the headmistress had chased after her. "No! No! No!" She repeated in a hysterical whisper, continuing the dreadful search until at last her fingers felt the cool of the small metal pieces. Half a sigh of relief as she pulled them out, shaking away frantically as she tried to open the car door. Two attempts later, and a face full of tears, Cornelia was still there, trying to open that damn car door. She was lucky that today was only a half-day at the academy and most students and staff had already left the premises, so she didn't make a show of herself in front of everyone, as she would have undoubtedly become the subject of all the rumors.

   Meanwhile back in the principal's office, Mary had softly leaned onto the wooden table, with her elegant hands slightly behind her, letting the woman rest her weight on them, while she stared at the door puzzled and frustrated from the burning tension that had built up within her. 'How dare this stupid girl leave me in such a state?!' Mary could still feel the burning sweetness of Cornelia's lips upon her own, the heat of her luscious body that only a few seconds ago was tightly fit in her passionate hands. 'What the heaven had gotten into her!? She wanted it, she answered my every examination, leaned into my touch so eagerly that at times I...' Lilith stopped her trail of thoughts as she got off the table and walked over to the door examining the lock. A heavy sigh broke loose from her lips "I must have pushed her too far too soon" she said with a concerned frown. Having fixed the lock with a simple click of her fingers she glanced outside her office, in her head she was trying to come up with a good explanation for Mrs. Meeks as to why there was so much noise and a student running out of her office. Only to see Mrs. Meeks long gone from her post, a wicked smile across Mary's face she chuckled "Well, at least that's one problem less I have to worry about for now." She smirked ' Excuse me, Principal Wardwell, can I please go home early tonight, there's a...' Mary mocked Mrs. Meeks as she chuckled "Stupid old thing, most mortals are so predictable" she smirked again, grabbing her handbag and switching off the lights before leaving the office. Gracefully Mary marched out of Baxter High as if nothing had happened, she turned to the side heading into the car park only to see Cornelia still there, helplessly struggling against the car door lock. 'What a ridiculous girl...' Lilith chuckled to herself and began to walk in her direction.

   The blonde girl struggled but she had just managed to calm the shaking of her hands and the keys were just about to let her into the car, when out of the corner of her eye Cornelia noticed a strange shadow approaching her. Turning her head sharply in its direction, there she was, a beautiful yet monstrous creature, someone who seemed like Miss Wardwell but at the same time was similar to the creatures she had seen before, yet, not quite the same. She was much scarier, tall, thin, her face distorted behind imaginable and numerous little sharp teeth in her mouth. Cornelia shuddered, the keys giving way and falling to the ground with a loud noise, as the girl's head began to spin from the doubling image. Cornelia wanted to reach out for the beautiful brunette, that she still saw over the monster, wanted to help her, but was too terrified to do so.

   Unaware of the way Cornelia saw her, Mary smirked and picked up the keys from the ground "Looks like you lost something?" She chuckled seductively and carefully opened the door of the car. "Hmmm, you've got an old-fashioned car, with a proper lock on its door. I like it" Mary smiled gently brushing her hand over Cornelia's. "How about..." she paused, studying the girl's scared face and hoping she was able to calm her down a little. She made a teasing pause "How about we both pop inside this car and have a little chat about what happened back in my office?" She smirked softly "You know, I didn't mean to push you too far sweetie..." Lilith tried to be as seductive as she could, attempting to entice the girl.

   However, as much as Cornelia wanted to give in for just another moment of pleasure, to enjoy those sweet lips for another second, to forget about what she was seeing, she couldn't. She tried as hard as she could to convince herself that this wasn't actually happening, not now, not with Miss Wardwell. That this whole thing she had seen was only in her head and that she had nothing to fear, she knew that she was safe with Mary but even this didn't help. 'You didn't take your meds, Cornelia! That's why this is happening!!' She scolded herself 'You're only seeing this because you need your medicine!" She repeated it over and over in her head, doing a good job at starting to believe her words on this matter. Cornelia managed to control the shaking of her body, focusing on the breathing to calm herself a little. The girl managed to shake her head to the sides, rejecting the offer and jumping into her car. She turned on the engine, racing out of the car park and fleeting the wretched academy.

   Mary was once again left all by herself, it seemed to have become a habit that Cornelia acquired and Lilith did not like it! Standing in the middle of the parking lot, confused about the whole situation. This was wrong, as the Principal, she could not afford to have a student in her school who could easily sabotage all that Mary and Lilith had worked for so hard and so long. No, she wasn't going to let some silly mortal ruin it all, the situation had to be resolved here and there. Unfortunately for Cornelia, due to her impulsivity and unpredictable behaviour, Lilith was starting to see the young girl as a potential threat and the Queen of Hell dealt with those in a rather quick and merciless manner. Lilith could see no other option but to either claim the girl as her own, resting assured that the silly little nit would be going mad for her, turning into Lilith's private play doll or... Lilith sighed heavily at the thought, she liked Cornelia, since the blonde creature was like an unsolved riddle to her, but much to her own dismay, she had no other choice. 'I'll have to visit her this evening' she thought, her thoughts heavily draining the brunette's energy 'You'll be mine Cornelia Moore, or' Mary's eyes watered "You'll be gone, forever..."