- 𝚌𝚊𝚛𝚗𝚒𝚟𝚊𝚕

(Y/n) hummed to the song that Gary picked out, though it wasn't a favorite of hers it'll be her turn to pick a song once this one is over. The female carefully slid the soft paint brush across her face. The white makeup staining her face— she then grabbed a smaller more precise brush to same the triangles under and above her eyes.
The purple really being able to pop out because of her painted white face. After putting down the brush onto the chipped faded vanity; she never noticed how much this old thing has been used for so many years, long before she joined HA-HA's.
She took her eyes off of the vanity and gazed at her makeup. (Y/n) smiled to herself, she has always taken pride in her makeup.
(Y/n) then heard a door open and she sighed as she heard a bunch of men walk in. Why couldn't it just be her and Gary? Gary is so quiet and all these men are louder than drunks in a bad. The loudest of the bunch has to be Randall, who approaches (Y/n) with a smirk and his arm wrapped around her shoulder. She didn't say a thing and just got up to go sit at the bench where the lockers where.
But not before she changed the radio channel, one of her favorite songs of all time came on— Carnival by Jackson C. Frank. It reminded her of Arthur; since that is his clown name. (Y/n's) mind then wondered off to Arthur. Arthur wasn't like all the other men here, though some of the men find him weird—She didn't. (Y/n) never thought one negative thing about the man, she took a big liking to him. She couldn't wait to see him later before going off to a children's party gig she has.
So lost in deep thought, she never noticed that Arthur walked in. (Y/n) only noticed him when he sat down next to him. She looked at him and quickly a smile appeared on her painted lips. "Arthur! What are you doing here so early? You're usually here later on." (Y/n) was genuinely surprised on why the male was here earlier than he was supposed to be.
Arthur would be the last one here since he'd want to use the vanity last. "Hey Art, sorry what happened—I'm sorry man." (Y/n) heard Gary said before Arthur could reply to her question.
Her face scrunched up in confusion, what happened with Arthur? She opened her mouth to say something but Randall cut her off.
"Yeah, Hoyt did you wrong, buddy. Doesn't seem fair." Randall gently patted Arthur's shoulder. Arthur looked at him and nodded as he opened his locker, taking out his stuff and putting it into a brown bag. (Y/n) started to put some pieces together.
"Did you really bring a gun to a children's hospital? What the fuck would you do that for?" A man said. (Y/n) looked at Arthur—who was putting thing like magic wands, balloons, and trick flowers into the depressing beige bag.
"I heard he pulled it out and waved it around like a cowboy!" Another man said while laughing—everyone in the room was laughing except for (Y/n). Arthur, and Gary. Whom all looked upset that they are joking about this and making fun of Arthur.
"So is that part of your new act? if your singing doesn't do the trick, you just gonna shoot yourself?" A third man said, the laughter rose at what he said. (Y/n) got up and was about to tell the guy off but what Arthur said stopped her.
"Why don't you ask Randall about it? It was his gun." Arthur finally turned to say as he got up—finished packing his stuff. A smirk was on his lips, he was obviously proud at what he said. "What! I don't- stop talking out of your ass Arthur!" Randall snapped at Arthur.
"I swear I think all of his stupid laughing musta scrambled his brain or something." Randall joked to the guys. (Y/n) then roughly pushed Randall who always fell to the ground.
"I've had a enough of you, Randall!—All of you!" She pointed at the men sitting at the table. "I believe Arthur that Randall gave him the gun! He probably wanted to sabotage him! Make him lose his job!" (Y/n) defended Arthur, who heart was melting that she was defending him.
"You're an asshole for bullying him like that! What is wrong with you people!?" She was silent after that, the only thing heard is the song carnival softly playing. (Y/n) took one last look at the men before grabbing Arthur's hand and existing the building.
They walked to the alleyway next to HA-HA's and they stopped there—facing each other. (Y/n) sighed as she looked up into Arthur's eyes. His bluish-green eyes pooling her in a trance.
"I'm sorry, Arthur. You didn't deserve to be treated like that. Especially since it isn't your fault."
"It's only a prop and they all overreacted." Arthur said as his hands nervously run through his hair, his cigarette smoke mixing with the cold Gotham air. "I know." She said softly, her eyes were sad.
(Y/n) then hugged Arthur, not caring if her makeup got smudged. "Be careful out there, Arthur. The last thing I'd want to see is your name on the TV saying that you died. Please keep in touch with me." Her voice strained, as if tears where threatening to fall out at any minute.
(Y/n) took her head out from Arthur's chest, her arms still around his body—A doleful smile on her face. She then leaned in and pressed a kiss on Arthur's cheek.
Her lips lingered there for a little before pulling away. Her eyes longingly looked into Arthur's—his looking right back at her. He leaned in and pressed a small kiss on her head, before pulling away from her body.
(Y/n) watched as he left, for some reason this Arthur felt different. Not the one she was used to—hopefully he'll be okay.
—————————————
A/n: little bit of a slow burn and also if you're confused by the dialogue,, I use the joker script (which has a lot of added things that wasn't put in the movie) so dialogue is different from the movie.
Requests are open !!!!!
PLEASE REQUEST ONESHOT IDEAS IF YALL WANT ME TO KEEP WRITING <3