- 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚍𝚢 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚠

(Y/n) made her way inside of Pogo's comedy club, Arthur told her that he was going to do his first stand up comedy at. She just beyond joyous when Arthur asked her to come as see him.
(Y/n) has heard some jokes that Arthur had told her and honestly she felt like he could become one of those big time comedians.
She's totally not biased of her opinion because she likes Arthur, despite the crush she has on him. she really thinks he is genuinely funny.
She took a seat and waited for Arthur to come out. she was getting quite bored though.
This guy that's on the stage is saying nothing, but sexual jokes that aren't even funny. People were laughing but this guy doesn't compare to Arthur's humor.
she grabbed her cup of whiskey. She lightly spun it around, watching the liquid move inside of the glass. Doing that was more interesting than this guy.
"It seems like that my time for now!" The 'comedian' said as he walked off the stage, while he waving goodbye to the audience.
"here's our next act, ladies and gentlemen! He's a resident in Gotham. He says that his purpose in life is to bring joy and laughter to this dark world.... Um okay. Here's Arthur Fleck!" The man announced as Arthur came walking to the stage.
He shakes hands with the man, he leaves and Arthur is now the only one on the stage. (Y/n) put her whiskey down and gave Arthur all of her attention.
"H...ello." His voice was barely able to be picked up by the microphone. Arthur started to giggle a little before starting bursting out laughing, his condition started to act up again.
(Y/n) furrowed her eyebrows as a frown formed in her lips. Arthur couldn't control this, and all these people probably don't know about his condition.
He let out a few coughs to stop him from laughing. (Y/n) knew that he was trying his best to stop his laughter.
Arthur's laugh usually made her laugh too; but not at him. She would laughed along with him. She heard people laughing quietly at him and talking about him.
It made her furious that people are so quick to judge others because they are different from each other.
"I hate...." Arthur said in between laughs before being able to completely stop. "I hated school as a kid..." he let out one last laugh, "and my mother said "you should enjoy it! One day you're gonna have to work for a living!." (Y/n) laughed at Arthur's impression of his mother.
"And I said, no mom! I'm going to be a comedian!" Arthur laughed and rose his up his arms. He looked throughout the crowd and he saw (Y/n). Oh how beautiful she is, Arthur thought. Her hand was resting on her chin and a big gorgeous smile on her face.
He was doing that! Making her smile and laugh! He loves her laugh, he tell her jokes everyday if he could just to here her mesmerizing contagious laughter.
Both of them felt the world disappeared and it was only them too. As Arthur told his jokes, he'd always occasionally glance at (Y/n) to see her smile, it motivated him.
————
After the show, (Y/n) and Arthur met outside of the club. They decided to go somewhere to eat. "I know this really good donut place!" Arthur exclaims. (Y/n) smiles and nods, "donuts it is then!"
They went to the donut shop and sat across from each other, but both of them wanted to sit next to one another.
As they ate donuts; they laughed and talked about Arthur's show. "I loved it! You're so funny, Arthur! I know you're gonna make it big time!" She went go on and on about how great his stand-up comedy is and how much he made her laugh.
A flustered Arthur smiled, his heart was beating so fast and he could always hear it.
They finished eating and started walking back to their beat up apartment building. (Y/n) was about to walk across the street but she noticed that Arthur stopped.
He was looking at a picture on a newspaper, she was watching him trying to recreate the face that the clown is making.
She stood next to him and glanced over at the newspaper, "you believe that bullshit, Arthur?" She asked. "I say fuck em', that guy is a hero for doing what he did. Three down, the rest of Gotham to go." (Y/n) looked at Arthur and grinned at him.
"Come on before it get even colder out here." She grabbed Arthur's surprisingly warm hand. It was about 30 degrees outside, yet his slender hand had found a way to stay toasty.
(Y/n) glowed red as she interlocked her fingers with Arthur's fingers. (Y/n) felt him squeeze her hand just as they crossed the street.
She leaned her freezing body against him, her head resting on his shoulder. Both of them smiling when walking into the gates of their apartment building.
————————
A/n: I went to go watch joker for the third time and I honestly wanna watch it a fourth 😳😳😳