The Irony of The Great Gatsby

"There are all kinds of love in this world but never the same love twice."
F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

lies.

Veronica

Veronica

They say there are some people whose looks could stop you from your tracks. His certainly did, literally.

What the fuck.

How in my undying world is this even possible?

I checked on my wolf, who became dangerously quiet. Ezra? A second chance mate?

No shit Sherlock, she retorted.

Would you mind explaining this? Are you sure you had calmed down from the fight?  I asked, still mystified by the eyes of the man in front of me.

Standing at least six feet or more inches taller than me, he had that familiar strong face with slick hair that swayed along the gentle autumn breeze. The way his face darkened and clenched accentuated his well-defined cheekbones, sharp jaw and full lips. His broad shoulders were of the firm kind, and his toned body stood in all glory like its molded from granite. His eyes- his eyes are a tantalizing deep ocean blue, stippled with silver and black- enough to make you drown.

   "Ronnie," Alexander's voice halted my running thoughts on my current dilemma as I carried my paralyzed legs towards them.

I tried to hold back my tears as I continued to study his face. He had the same features, those eyes- same ocean blue eyes that begged for her and her unborn child's life years ago.

The child really survived. I gaped at the thought, and my knees felt week. I couldn't believe it.

Lily...

   "Alpha Archer," Alexander broke the silence when he cleared his throat, giving me a questioning look. He turned to Akane, "This is Akira's twin, Chief Warrior Akane Kimori with the apprentice."