36) Some Tricks and a Treat

Start from the beginning

"...Okay... well, you don't look too bad yourself, Var." You pointed at him. "Love the red bat wings."

"Oh thank you, you're too kind." His face flushed and he smiled. He walked up to you and adjusted the gold bracelet on your wrist.

"What are you, my mom now?" You joked.

"Well I have to make sure everything is perfect!" He said. You rolled your eyes. You looked down at his costume.

"You look more like you're going to a business meeting than Satan." You raised a brow.

"I'm going for classy." He shrugged.

"I thought we were going for classic?"

"I changed my mind last minute."

You furrowed your brows. "Well, that's not fair."

"You wanna fight about it?"

"Let's do it then." You readied your fists.

"After the party." He adjusted your shoulder strap.

"Works for me." You smiled. He smiled back.

"We better hurry before everyone eats everything. We're already 30 minutes late." He checked the clock against your wall.

"Being early would be embarrassing. You don't want people to think that we were just waiting for the party to happen. Now come on! I need to fuel my sweet tooth!" You grabbed his arm and rushed downstairs and out of the door, quickly saying goodbye to your parents who were getting ready for Rapunzel's ball.

You were going to make sure this night was perfect for Varian.

And tonight,

you were going to finally confess your feelings for him.
---

"Oh my gosh, I'm so glad you guys came!" Lillian said, hugging both you and Varian tightly.

"Hey, Lily!" You laughed, hugging her back. Varian looked at her up and down.

"What on Earth are you supposed to be?" He questioned.

"Duh, sexy moss! You like?" She posed.

"I... Love it...?" He shrugged and looked at you confused. You snickered.

"Enjoy the party, guys! All of the adults are gone, so go ahead and get wild!" Lillian said before waving goodbye and walking away. You and Varian sat there for a bit, looking around. There was bobbing for apples, truth or dare, makeup booth, basically everything you could imagine a teenage party would look like. You look over at a corner to see two people down each other's throats. You rectched. Jeez, they really were taking advantage of the whole "no adults" thing.

"Var, this-" you looked at him, but he was gone. You sighed and walked into the crowd of people, calling his name.

"Hey, have you seen a black haired boy with a blue streak? Freckles?" You asked someone. They shook their head. You continued in an endless loop of asking people where he was, and it seemed like nobody knew. You went over to a corner of the room and crossed your arms, thinking about where he could possibly be. You were startled by a guy pinning you against the wall.

"W-what the-!?"

"Hey, baby. Haven't seen you around Corona. Name's Jason." he eyed you up and down, biting his lip. You just sat there and stared at him angrily.

"Nice fit. You make it yourself?" He asked. You gagged and pushed him aside, walking away and not looking back. In the other corner of the room, you saw Varian's hair fly by. You chuckled. Finally!