Burned Out

The relationship between Zak and Darryl got closer but nothing serious happened after that one incident, and a few days had passed.

The time was 2:14 a.m.
Zak and Darryl was making a video, but Zak noticed Darryl was acting strange, almost drunk but not.

"skeeeeeeeeeeeeepy I'm ssssllleeeppyy. Oh hey *yawns* I think that rhymed." Bad spoke in a sleepy voice.

"Dude what is wrong with you?" Zak questioned.

"Okay sorry. Let me get an energy drink first Skeppy." Darryl replied.

"Dudee!"

"Whatt??"

Zak paused, trying to catch himself.

"That is your third energy drink." Zak stated.

"It is? I thought it is the second one."

Zak paused for a second, you could feel his annoyance.

"Kidding!!" Darryl giggled, "But let me go get one." Darryl stood up from his chair to go get a cold energy drink from the fridge. Before he can do so, Zak opens his own door, runs over to him and slams the fridge shut. They both make eye contact and Darryl makes a why-are-you-doing-this face while Zak makes a proud-of-himself-but-also-concerned face.

Darryl tries opening it again, but Zak keeps his hand planted on the fridge door.

"Could you- let go?" Darryl spoke weakly.

"No." Zak replied firmly, "This is literally your third one, you have a problem."

"No I don't!" Darryl yelled, "now just let go."

Suddenly, Zak cups Darryl's face in his hands. Surprised, Darryl starts blushing and stutters, "uh.. Z-Zak" but gets cut off by Zak, "You are overworking yourself. Go to bed."

"but-"

"no buts."

"Listen-" Darryl tried to speak again.

"Lalalala~ nope. I'll listen to you when you go back to your room."

Zak releases his hold and flips Darryl, making it so that Darryl's back was facing him. After that, he pushes Darryl back to his room, with a little resistance from Darryl of course, but he soon gives up.

Then, they both reach Darryl's room. There, Zak gently pushed Darryl on his bed so that he was sitting on it. Zak sits next to him and holds Darryl's hand gently. "You really need a break. Fans wouldn't want to see you like this." Zak says as he looks at Darryl's tired face.

"But.. new fans started popping up and they keep expecting more— and I don't want to disappoint them."

"What about your old fans?" Zak almost cracked his voice, "They are continuing to be there because they care, support and love you for who you are." Zak holds Darryl's hands as Zak spoke,

"I'm your fan."

Darryl looks at him, their hair grazing each other and faces almost touching. Although he didn't say it directly, Zak had admitted that he cared and loved him, this time soberly. Soon, Darryl wraps his arms around Zak's waist and putting his head into his shoulders, giving him a warm hug.

Darryl takes a deep breath and speaks, "Thanks Zak. I think I needed that."

"Anyti-" Zak was about to talk before Darryl moved his head and gave Zak a kiss on the cheek. This left Zak speechless and Darryl embarrassed he had done that. They both pull away and Zak looks at Darryl, whose face was red. Zak giggles from the view and just replies, "That was very bold of you."

"Oh my goodness- Shut up!" Darryl blushes.
——————
a/n: thank you for the support! >_< seeing people actually like what I write really gives me motivation to keep writing! <3

so please vote if u like it~~
——————