Milleniums

"What movie did you pick?"

"Actually, I didn't.. there's too much on here, it's overwhelming."

"Oh, well.. this seems like a job for Mr Marlon Brando" he took the remote and switched the tv over to the dvd he already had left in his player. Guys And Dolls.

"Oh Jesus, no.."

"Yes, it's good! Come on, eat your pizza and watch a musical movie like a goddamn man"

I rolled my eyes and backed up to the headboard so I could see his television. He had a bright orange fuzzy blanket over his shoulders, that almost matched is hair. He put it on so readily, I think it may be a daily routine for him. That's a nice routine, it's better than mine -take my pills, eat my weight in beans, sleep until two in the morning, then spend all the early morning hours manically eating granola bars over my laptop while watching TLC reality shows.

-

-

"I'm sorry, this is the worst movie I've ever seen"

"Well Marlon Brando wasn't a good singer, he was just hot. It's good, but he's not"

"It's terrible."

"Fuck you, Guys And Dolls is my favorite"

"I thought Hello Dolly was your favorite"

"I have like seven favorites"

"You're absurd" I scoffed, pulling my knees up to my chest, trying to warm up

"Are you cold?" He asked

"It's chilly, I'm fine"

"Here" he extended half of his long blanket

"No. No, I'm not fucking getting in your blanket"

"Oh grow the fuck up and enter the blanket fort!"

I shook my head and reluctantly joined him, though trying to keep my distance. I didn't want him to touch me. I don't know what I thought would happen, maybe that i'd lose my composure, maybe I'd break down and cry like a bitch, maybe i'd confess something.

As we watched the movie, I let myself slowly get comfortable around him again.
But before I knew it, his side was against my own, the blanket closed and trapping the heat around us.

"This is ridiculous" I told him

"Yeah but we're both warm, so.."

"I guess I can't argue with that."

With a distracted giggle, he leaned over and put his head on my shoulder, looking only at his movie. I'm not sure he even actually realizes what he's doing.
My heart races. I tried to shoot an inconspicuous glance down, and saw  only a dumb smile on his face

I gradually relaxed my shoulders, truthfully not wanting him to move. I swallowed hard and fought a grin, my face warm. My fear of being touched by him was suddenly inconsequential.

-

-

-

"Alright, look away" Connor instructed with a familiar chuckle, as he started my medication for me again

As embarrassing as it is, I really don't like to look. I'm surprisingly squeamish. I try not to even look at the surgery scars, and I most likely won't until they're fully healed.

I laid back on his bed, just focused on keeping myself relaxed. As relaxed as I can get.

"....Your hair looks cute all pushed up like that" he admitted quietly, smiling slightly