Aeons

"Kevin? Can you hear me?" A cloudy, distant voice called, a tinge of urgency, despite the foggy sound

My eyes cowered under the bright light above me, only able to make out blurry figures.

"Hey- do you hear me?" He repeated, once he saw my eyes opening and closing on repeat.

I was confused and disoriented beyond belief, my only response being staring at him with a puzzled expression until my vision began to clear and I could make out a face.

"Do I need to call 911? Should I call an ambulance?"

I was only just beginning to recognize the face in front of me, but I knew to shake my head. I could hardly understand what he was saying, but I knew not to get anyone else involved. I probably just got hurt or something. I was fine. I have no idea what's going on, but I'm fine. I'm sure of it.

It was a while of stumped staring before I could finally make words come out.

"Why... W-Why are you here..?"

"You collapsed.."

"...Why?"

"Why? I don't know why.."

My heart was still beating out of my chest.

"H-How long? How long was I..."

"Not even a minute.. look the janitors are gonna be here to clean up any minute, let's get out of here.."

He took my hands and pulled me up, keeping a tight hold on my wrist and upper back, in case I fell again.

"Backpack.." I mumbled, conveying the urgency with as much force as I could, only half conscious

"Backpack?"

I pointed to the small black backpack by the door of the stage.

"I need the backpack.."

My heart was racing, I was sweating and shaking, all I could think about was getting my medication.

He nodded and picked up my backpack, hauling me off to an empty classroom.

"What happened? Did.. Did you hit your head? Are you sick?"

I shook my head, finally coming to terms with my surroundings. And with the fact that'd I'd neglected to take medication. My heart was feeling faster by the second.

"I-I need my bag" I ordered, leaning up against the wall enough that I could swallow my pills with ease.

My chest was pounding, I thought everyone could hear it. I couldn't keep a steady thought, it was all incoherent and far too fast.

He handed me my backpack as quickly as he could, and I scrambled through the pockets until I found my pill bottles.

"W-What are you looking for?"

I didn't answer, I just desperately attempted to open the bottle.

"Are you on drugs?"

I felt compelled to roll my eyes, but even then I was too distracted.

"Are you?" He repeated

"No, I'm not on fucking drugs!"

I finally cracked the lid and downed them dry.

"Do you need water!?"

"I'm fine!"

"I'm going to get you a water-"

I grabbed onto his wrist

"No, stay!"

I was embarrassed to have done that, It wasn't conscious. I was afraid. I didn't want to be alone, I would've begged anyone to stay.