Harley's Dilemma

Börja om från början

"Can I tell you a secret?" Harley leaned in and whispered. I paused, then hesitantly continued. "Sure."

"You have to promise not to mention this to Peter."

"Okay, okay, just go."

"Peter got wasted last night," Harley almost laughed before he saw my face. My mouth was hanging open in disbelief. "Are you serious?"

"Yes. But don't tell Peter I told you, okay? I just thought it was kind of funny-"

"It isn't funny," I scoffed, "he's underage and... he's Peter. Peter isn't like that."

"I know. It surprised me too. But I swear I didn't get him to do it. Like I said, I don't even drink. He volunteered. He just wanted to try it. I mean what teenager doesn't get drunk at least once? The risk and the fact that you're not supposed to be doing it makes it more fun."

I shook my head.

"Oh come on," Harley leaned against the side of the desk, "when did you start drinking?"

I paused and sighed. "14."

"Exactly," he winked. "Now I've got to get back to hanging out these coffees or they're going to get cold and I'm going to get in trouble. I'll see you later."

I waved to him as he rushed off to the other side of the office with a tray of coffees. I felt the starstruck gazes from the interns on the back of my neck as I exited the room.

*PETER'S POV*

After recovering from my very first hangover, I decided to head to the tower to see how everyone was doing. Aunt May was still suspicious about what happened at the party but I avoided her stares as much as possible and gave her my million dollar smile when she saw me.

"Going to the tower!" I yelled right before jumping out the window.

"Oh no you don't-" She grabbed my shirt before I could take the leap and pulled me back into my room. "What, May? I need to go."

"Okay, okay but I want to look in your eyes first."

"Wha-"

Suddenly, she pulled out a bright flashlight, opened my eye with her finger and started examining. "Ow, May please stop." I tried to fight with her but she started yelling at me so I stopped. "Just give me a second, Peter! If you would stop objecting it would go by a lot faster."

"What are you even doing?" I groaned.

"Checking to see if your eyes are bloodshot or if your pupils are dilated."

"My eyes probably are bloodshot because I just got back from a fight."

She turned the flashlight off with a little click and put it back in her pocket. "Fine, you can go. You passed the test."

"You're insane," I mutter before grabbing my phone, putting on my mask, and jumping out the window.

"Hey!" I heard her call after me, "no texting and swinging!"

I gave her a thumbs-up and continued on my way. A shiver went down my spine as I swung past the towering skyscrapers. The breeze was chilly.

I arrived at the tower in less than 5 minutes and took the elevator to the 80th floor, where all the living quarters are. I have my own room but I don't spend much time in it since I live only a few blocks away. I do spend the night here sometimes when we have an overnight mission or a mission super early in the morning, though (if I know about it beforehand.) The hallway is long and quiet. Everyone's doors are polished white, with a slender black doorknob. They have the names of the residents written on them in bold letters. I passed NATASHA ROMANOFF, BRUCE BANNER, STEVE ROGERS, WANDA MAXIMOFF, STEPHEN STRANGE, CLINT BARTON, and SAM WILSON before I finally got to my room: PETER PARKER. My room looked newer than the rest since I'm the newest recruit.