" Sophia" Her voice made me cringe, always. But I had to pretend, for my brothers sake. " Hey, Pamela" I answered as I turned sideways to meet her tall figure in front of me. She pulled me into a light hug and her perfume almost choked me. She finally let go of me and I took a deep breath, trying to get the nauseous smell out of my body system. " Pamela, your perfume, are you sure its suitable for work?" I watched her smile turn into a smug look. " I thought it was nice, doctors and Patients have been complaining about it, so I'm leaving for today" She answered and I smiled at her. " Oh, sorry"

" Thanks, how's she doing?, I wanted to see how she was" she was comfortable with Khalid having a wife. So unlike her. " I guess Khalid has explained everything to you" I said and drank my water. " Yeah he has, I feel so bad for her, she just arrived and this is happening" She said and looked towards Faryah's room. " Yeah, she just arrived, this accident really made Khalid go crazy, he was so mad, but I don't blame him, it was my fault that his wife ended up in this situation" I said as I folded my arms and looked towards her room. I remembered how happy she looked when I dropped her off at city hall. I could feel an awkward horrible silence. I guess Pamela wasn't really comfortable with Faryah being Khalid's wife. " His wife" I didn't know if that was a question or a statement. " I thought you said Khalid explained to you that Faryah was his wife, he explained the wedding, arrangements, Indonesia?, he didn't tell you all that?" I was beginning to feel scared. If he didn't explain all this to her, then what exactly did he explain?. " He never said anything about her being his wife, he said she was just a daughter of your mothers friend that came to stay with you guys" She looked really angry as those words escaped her lips. Khalid didn't tell her, and I spoilt his plans, oh my God. " Okay then what exactly did he explain to you?" I asked again. " He explained her condition and said it was no biggy and it was just a small coma" Her voice sounded like she was going to cry. I wanted to cry too, I was in big trouble with Khalid now. " Ohhh she's not in a small coma, and I don't think I should talk more to you so I'll just go back inside" I said quickly and tried running away but she held my arm tightly. " Sophia, please tell me what's going on" she begged. I couldn't get into more trouble with Khalid. I had already done enough. " Pamela, I am so sorry, I am in no position to tell you about this, just talk to Khalid" I said and slipped out of her hold and rushed inside Faryah's room. Why was I causing trouble?, Why did Khalid have to lie about Faryah like that.

Oh goodness.

I was really in for some shit.

----------------Los Angeles, California.

--------------------- Olyster residence. ( Same evening)

I took my bath quickly and sent Pamela a text to tell her I was on my way. I changed into grey ripped jeans, a white shirt and a black hoodie on top of it. I wore my white sneakers and grabbed my phone and keys, heading out. I couldn't find a suitable venue, but I was going to keep trying to find some. I got into my car and drove out of the mansion and headed to the love of my life. I happily took the elevator to Pamela's apartment. I couldn't wait to see her. She must be preparing some nachos for us.

I knocked on her door slightly and waited a little while for her to open it. She finally did and her eyes looked swollen and she was wearing a baggy shirt that stopped right above her knee, her hair was still in a ponytail, not a neat one though. She still looked so pretty. " come in" she muttered and I walked in and heard her slam the door aggressively. I turned to look at her as I entered the living room. She had folded her arms and she really looked mad. What was going on?. " What's wrong honey?" I asked as I moved closer to her. " Khalid are you keeping anything from me?" why was she asking me that. I had nothing to hide from her.

" No, of course not, why would I?" I was worried. She couldn't have possibly found out about Faryah. " Khalid don't lie to me, stop lying to me" she snapped again. I have never seen her this furious. " I am not hiding anything, or what do you think I'm hiding?"

" Khalid stop, just admit it, admit that you've been married all this time, admit it" she knew, I couldn't stand seeing her like this. Her eyes were watering up, I couldn't bear seeing her like this.

What the hell have I done, I was only trying to protect us and here we were. She found out. " Who told you that?"

" Does that really matter Khalid, why the hell did you lie to me you bastard" I felt a sharp pain rush through my cheek as she hit me hard. I didn't know what I was going to do right now. I had to come clean. It was all my fault. " I'm sorry" My voice was breaking. I really felt like crying. " I swear I didn't mean to keep it from you, I didn't know how to tell you"

" Khalid come on" she was too furious right now. " why couldn't you tell me?, you got my hopes up, why the hell didn't you tell me that you were getting married?, why did you even accept to marry me when I asked you, Khalid how could you?" she screamed as she threw a glass vase towards me. I had never seen her get angry like this. She came closer to me, crying and hitting my chest. I held her hands tight and looked her in the eye. They were full of sadness and hurt.

" Pamela, I don't love her, I only married her cause my GrandPa made a promise to his best friend, I had to fulfil a dying mans wish by marrying her, We're going to get divorced when he dies" I managed to explain to her as she cried. " Oh come on Khalid, you should've told me, I can't be seen with a married man, I can't be with a married man. Khalid you're supposed to trust me, you still should've told me, Khalid why" She yelled as she hit me again. She hit me more and more. " I hate you!" she finally snapped. " Pamela, I'm sorry, I swear I didn't mean to, please forgive me" I watched her clean her eyes and put her hands on her waist. " We're over" she said sternly as she looked me in the eye. This wasn't happening, I couldn't bear to lose her, I couldn't live without her. "Pamela No, no way, I won't let you go, Pamela please" I could feel my eyes water up. " Khalid, I can't be with a married man, It's better for us, just let me go, I can't bear sharing you with someone else, you're legally married to someone else and I ..... I....am just a mistress" She snapped at me. She got it all wrong. I wasn't going to leave her, I couldn't let her go.

" Pamela please you got it all wrong, I don't love her.." she cut me off. " But you two are married, for all we know she might be in love with you and trying to make you hers, she already has the upper lead"

" Pamela, listen to me"

" No, Khalid just leave, I don't want to ever see you again, just go, we're done" She snapped again. " Pamela, you can't just throw what we have away"

" Oh yes I can, and I will, leave Khalid just go, leave"

" I'm not leaving you"

" Khalid, don't make this hard, just go" she said almost trying to drag me out. She needed space to think. " Do you really love me?, if you really love me you would fight for me" I said as I stood by the door. " I don't have the strength to"

" Pamela, no"

" Khalid, we're done" she snapped as she slammed the door in my face. I couldn't believe this was happening. I lost the love of my life, all because of Faryah.

I couldn't even bring myself to be mad at her.

I needed to find a way to get her back. I had to.